Eventual phase out of ET!!!

Name says it all.
dirtyolman
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Eventual phase out of ET!!!

Post by dirtyolman » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:16 pm

This is for discussion purposes only............

I have mentioned this in passing on the forums, but I need to emphasize to our members and regulars.

Enemy Teritory's lifespan is becoming more prevelant every year, more servers are using Bots just to keep up their numbers (which is a cryin shame). ID software, Activision and Evenbalance, announced the ET expiriation to take place on December 26, 2018......simply put....no more ET!

The phase-out will take place starting on December of 2015, Evenbalance will provide updates until December 2016 and then they will start phasing out Punkbuster support for ET. ID software and Activision will keep their servers going until the above deadline, once the December 26, 2018 deadline hits, the game ET WILL NOT BE PLAYABLE ONLINE!

So, with this said, our ET players may want to consider to finding a new FREE game to play.

Just last week, Steam and Valve software made Team Fortress 2 FREE to the public, perhaps this is a move to replace ET. This is something everyone needs to consider, your time is limited on ET, it's not gonna be around forever, so make plans to move on in the future.

If you are wondering where I got my info from, I found this info on the very sites that support ET!

Zeus & Bloodbane has a thread started in the Steam section concerning TF2, and whether a decision to start-up a TF2 server is feesable.

The ET server will remain here on BBA, so don't read anything ino this, this is merely to inform you of what's gonna happen in the future with ET itself, BBA IS HERE TO STAY!!!

I would ask EVERYONE to participate in the TF2 poll.......PLEASE!

!DIRTY!

imjustazn14

Post by imjustazn14 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:44 pm

ZOMFG!!!!!!! TF2 for FREE?!?!?!?! I was bout to buy it in sometime later. I am getting it now!!!

KrispyKritter
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by KrispyKritter » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:40 am

I wonder what the phase-out of ET portends for ETQW.
KrispyKritter aka Chatty (glitchy finger) Charlie
Image(pcB)

dirtyolman
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by dirtyolman » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:08 am

ETQW is a different game, Evenbalance has not mentioned anything

Quake wars "is good to go"
:wtg: :wtg: :wtg:

ferapont
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by ferapont » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:14 pm

December 26, 2018!!

I'm up for another 7 years of ET!

Thanks for the heads up Dirty.

bloodbane
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by bloodbane » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:53 pm

I'm sure it will still play online it just won't have server browser services. Which if folks are using /connect bba1.badasservers.net it wouldn't be an issue.

dirtyolman
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by dirtyolman » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:53 pm

December 26, 2018!!

This is the actual cutoff date for online ET, unless Activision decides to keep their servers online after this date.......it's going down.

Without the Activision servers to make the online game work, no one will be able to play.

It takes servers to monitor activity, and provide services for ET servers, that's what this cutoff date actually means!

Hope you have RTCW..............

SirPing

Post by SirPing » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:56 pm

huhu ET was dying since had pb in, kicking players, giving lag, crashing, and make nothing against cheaters (yep i saw like 3 on server and needed an admin for kick them). ET gonna return when pb left it (and then i'll release a modification[if i survive to this war])
i've decided to no play anymore et, first and favorite game, just for pb (and many others fua) im so sorry (you know who)

And TF2F4P looks like works like BFF4P(lagging as..) and both like asian fps games: "you can play free but if you want more power, buy an item." but hey good luck and have fun.

was so fun... seeya :player:
revenge achievement..

ferapont
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by ferapont » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:20 pm

!cry sirping

j/k get on the server and play!

still like your bee btw

TJHooker
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by TJHooker » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:11 pm

I give ET another year maybe 2 at the most before the low numbers of players and general lack of interest in such an old game simply kill it. It is pretty evident that ET however great a game it is, or was, is dying a slow death. More often than not when I do have the time to play there are only a handful of people on the server which is a shame. With ever decreasing numbers of players and a limited pool of maps to choose from this game will get boring pretty quick.

Not a bad run for a free game though. Sure wish another more modern version of this game would come out but sadly nothing has equaled it yet that I know of.
"Cuff him. Then wash your hands."

Venze
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Venze » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:08 am

The problem is no one promotes ET anymore and new players may not wanna touch it cause it is out of date, unrealistic, compare to other games. But it could get a revivel, if it got promoted again. I know i do my best 2 times a year, when we have parents agains the children night at work, we play ET there.

But a kid who get the choice Wolfenstein Enemy Territory and Call of Duty, then ET will lose sadly.
Last edited by Venze on Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
The wise word from MadMaz: 192 is behind a fucking router!

SirPing

Post by SirPing » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:07 am

!splat ferapont
you do not have permission to carry out the action

dang! ¬¬
my friend, my sis and me "Best killer with mp40" ha hu ha (aw miss those days)

thanks btw
Happy 4th

EDIT
Caroline20 wrote:Hey Ping. WHich game do you play now?
mmh Paper-Scissors, surf :) videogames just have MUGEN and samurai warriors 2 lol, i'd just reinstall windows, but if i'll play a multiplayer surely tell you :wtg:
Last edited by SirPing on Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
revenge achievement..

Caroline20
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Caroline20 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:03 pm

Hey Ping. WHich game do you play now?
Repair the Septimer

IdieALOT

Post by IdieALOT » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:32 pm

ET OVER!??!?!?!!!!!
That does it... I have nothing left to live for. Well... except for my wife, kids, dog, brother, parents and grandma... ya.. nothing left to live for. All I have left is my scotch.

cmustard

Post by cmustard » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:38 pm

My 2 cents.
I am currently in the process of getting a new gaming rig......
So I will play Battlefield and Fallout etc...and ET.....
But I think this has alot to do with people upgrading to the newer hardware and newer games.....
Is a shame...I will still play until it dies tho.....