Can't Get Autoexec to work

Game Questions and Help / Errors and Game Issues
mike5a2

Can't Get Autoexec to work

Post by mike5a2 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:16 am

Running vista but have admin rights.

I installed game recently to get back into, got some scripts, loaded them fine, then today i wanted to change I i edited autoexec.cfg (in ETmain) load game up, type /exec autoexec, and it says it's loaded but when i go into server, what's REALLY loaded are my old scripts. so I ask in BBA server and someone suggests /exec etconfig.cfg before I exec the autoexec. I do that and same thing happens, it says it's loaded but it's really not, I double check, the file is updated to scripts i want, there is only 1 .cfg (MY UPDATED). I know BBA is run through jaymod, when i load the BBA server i type /exec autoexec and that still gives me the old settings.

also, I don't know if this matters, when i load the game it says NQ MEMORY on main menu.

same thing happens on this and another server so it's not just you...

bibizz944x
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by bibizz944x » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:14 am

Did you installed the 2.60 et patch :chin: maybe thats not the problem but ,you never now ,im not an expert but NQ memory means to me that your running on No quater , switch to jaymod in ET menu and look for the patch 2.60 :shrug: Hope it will help you :wtg:

Here is the link for the patch just in case : http://returntocastlewolfenstein.filefr ... dows;39483

Maybe a higher admin wil suggest you something better but while were waiting :lol:

mike5a2

Post by mike5a2 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:12 am

well i installed 2.60 but then i installed 2.60b, does that matter?

bibizz944x
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by bibizz944x » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:48 am

no thats the good one ,my bad ,i forgot the b at the end ,sorry , does it work now

mike5a2

Post by mike5a2 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:10 am

I had already had 2.60b installed...?

or are you saying to uninstall

mike5a2

Post by mike5a2 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:29 am

AUTOEXEC works on etpub servers! not yours though

bibizz944x
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by bibizz944x » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:42 am

no 2.60b is the good one keep it.now go on ET main menu and click on mode you must have in your case no quater but you got to switch to jaymod by clicking on it, ordinary i think when you install jaymod patch,it goes automatically on the the main menu mode(click on mode then Jaymod) thats about the best i can do for you for now ill try to contact an another BBA with higher admin level to asked him whats he think about it.
WE use Jaymod 2.0.5 btw
Hang on :lol:

mike5a2

Post by mike5a2 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:46 pm

tried that too, didn't work

Zeus
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by Zeus » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:53 pm

Did you try loading the mod first ( jaymod of course ) then manually exec your autoexec?

mike5a2

Post by mike5a2 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:58 pm

not sure what you mean, I downloaded jaymod via ET by joining your server, then ingame i typed /exec autoexec

Zeus
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by Zeus » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:23 pm

mike5a2 wrote:not sure what you mean, I downloaded jaymod via ET by joining your server, then ingame i typed /exec autoexec
Start ET, then you will see a button on the menu MODS, click it and then select Jaymod and load mod. After it restarts, pull down the console ( ~ key ) and then exec your autoexec to see if it works.

bibizz944x
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by bibizz944x » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:27 pm

Zeus wrote: Start ET, then you will see a button on the menu MODS, click it and then select Jaymod and load mod. After it restarts, pull down the console ( ~ key ) and then exec your autoexec to see if it works.
Thats what i was trying to say but hey im a french Canadian.....hard to translate in my head and after it ...typing it :lmao:

Zeus
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by Zeus » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:30 pm

bibizz944x wrote:
Zeus wrote: Start ET, then you will see a button on the menu MODS, click it and then select Jaymod and load mod. After it restarts, pull down the console ( ~ key ) and then exec your autoexec to see if it works.
Thats what i was trying to say but hey im a french Canadian.....hard to translate in my head and after it ...typing it :lmao:
Better then I could do translating to french. :wink:

GunClap
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by GunClap » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:55 pm

Let me have a stab at this.

First thing we need to look at is load order of configs.
It goes something like this.

etmain >> etconfig
etmain >> autoexec
jaymod >> etconfig
jaymod >> autoexec

If you have an autoexec in the jaymod folder, you have to copy your config over it. I suspect when you type the exec command, it first searches the mod folder, then the parent.

You should also realise that you don't actually need to run your script every time you start provided you scripted well using SETA commands instead of just set. Keybinds from script copy over to etconfig, so they only have to be copied once. If you put the config in the main folder under a different name (mine's "gun.cfg") then you can run it while in any mod, so when you switch mods and all your settings change, you can simply exec again. The main point of this is to also show that you don't need autoexec.cfg files. The game runs perfectly well without it and will create it if needed.

For example. My setup is as follows:

etmain >> etconfig
etmain >> gun
jaymod >> etconfig (Auto copies from etmain with new attributes during first launch)

I have only ever run my cfg after I change it. After that, the settings are permanent.

For your research: My Script
Your mind is a weapon. Keep it clean, clear and loaded...

mike5a2

Post by mike5a2 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:41 pm

okay thanks to gunclap i realized i only had it in my etmain not jaymod folder! I didn't know you had to have it in both,thanks all