Good Pilots out there?

General ET: Quake Wars Talk
dickcheneyhunting
BBA Wannabe
BBA Wannabe

Good Pilots out there?

Post by dickcheneyhunting » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:05 pm

I use to be awesome in battlefield with helicopters, but in qw I can barerly keep the bumblebee in the air. :joystick: and most of the time it turns out to be a mass suicide by the pilot. :whistle: Anybody got good flying tips?

HughJorgan
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by HughJorgan » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:03 pm

Talk to Dax. He's a flyin mofo in QW.
BBA - Be there or be nowhere!

dickcheneyhunting
BBA Wannabe
BBA Wannabe

Post by dickcheneyhunting » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:10 pm

I actually found the problem. I had for some reason the thrust-forward on at all time, so every time I got on a helicopter it crashed with a building. :eew: I turned it off and it feels just like battlefield all over again. I even did a flip-flop in mid air. :wtg: After a while I just took the bumble-bee and started crushing the strogg with it. Watch out below here comes the Giant Turtle Shoe! :lol: of course this was only in easy that I was able to pull it off since in medium or hard cause an obliterator canon to back of the helicopter would take me out even before I could see them dang strogg. :wall:

dax
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by dax » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:45 am

Once you get flying down, don't forget to use your "decoys" whenever someone has a lock on you....

The anansi, you will have much better control when using your "brakes" you can make that aircraft do all sorts of stunts and evasive manuevers...

The strogg craft, meh... that one doesnt hover and is harder to stunt fly, i think it has an advantage with the weaponery though...

Dax

dickcheneyhunting
BBA Wannabe
BBA Wannabe

Post by dickcheneyhunting » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:30 am

dax wrote:Once you get flying down, don't forget to use your "decoys" whenever someone has a lock on you....

The anansi, you will have much better control when using your "brakes" you can make that aircraft do all sorts of stunts and evasive manuevers...

The strogg craft, meh... that one doesnt hover and is harder to stunt fly, i think it has an advantage with the weaponery though...

Dax
Yeah seems like the strogg bombs pack more punch than the anasi rockets. Also the strogg plane when going foward seems much faster with thrust than the anasi. This is the data I collected from driving both and getting shot at by bots.

Systemshock

Post by Systemshock » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:13 am

I would just like to say that flying both the Anansi and the Tormentor in this game is the most game fun ever!