Max FPS?

Name says it all.
swiftdeathsk
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Max FPS?

Post by swiftdeathsk » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:37 pm

Just wondering, what is the max frames per second you guys get while playing (either server works)? I used to get anywhere between 10 and 80 FPS... now I'm using a new cfg, and it's *supposed* to be capped at 256, but i still get 350 FPS quite a bit...

EDIT: Here's a quick screenshot i took just now, with an fps of 285 at the second i took it:

Geek_Geoff
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Geek_Geoff » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:43 pm

I usually float around 90FPS on either server. That is because I never changed the com_maxFPS from it's normal 85.

I've set it to a max of like 400 before and got around the upper 200's. I just changed the settings back to default though.
Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction. - J.F.K.

dickcheneyhunting
BBA Wannabe
BBA Wannabe

Post by dickcheneyhunting » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:37 pm

Somebody had told that high FPS is a good thing is that true? I have around 50 last time I checked. :chin:

Zeus
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by Zeus » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:13 pm

There used to be "magic" sweet FPS settings that allowed you to jump higher etc, but that was changed with the latest patch. If you can keep a stable 76 FPS your good, not much more to gain beyond that. I lock mine at 125 just because its what I'm used to.

Anything over 350+ seems to give the game Connection Interruption flashes, even though there is none. :shrug:
Last edited by Zeus on Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NoucFeanor
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by NoucFeanor » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:28 pm

my fps pretty much stays at 90 the entire time I play. in heavy fighting with lots a smoke and arty it will drop to around 85 but never goes below that.

swiftdeathsk
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by swiftdeathsk » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:08 pm

Zeus wrote:There used to be "magic" sweet FPS settings that allowed you to jump higher etc, but that was changed with the latest patch. If you can keep a stable 76 FPS your good, not much more to gain beyond that. I lock mine at 125 just because its what I'm used to.

Anything over 350+ seems to give the game Connection Interruption flashes, even though there is none. :shrug:

since i've been using my newest settings, i havent had this problem (i have the occasional flash here and there, but thats normal - at least for me :P)

my internet connection's been pretty stable (as long as i dont have my stupid MAL Updater running, cuz that just slows the net down -.-)

I'll keep it where it is for now, as I have had absolutely 0 problems so far, and I've also seen a small increase in my acc, probably due to shots registering better :)

ChairmanMao

Post by ChairmanMao » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:53 am

Zeus wrote:There used to be "magic" sweet FPS settings that allowed you to jump higher etc, but that was changed with the latest patch.
Out of curiosity, do you know how they fixed this? I remember reading the magic FPS value was all down to maths and the way the game calculates everything and was inherant in all FPS games - or maybe this was just with the Quake engine? Still, interesting that this was fixed in the last patch (the b patch) but that the rumour still persists that the magic FPS value still works, since I have read some gamers I would consider knowlegable still saying that the magic FPS thing exists quite recently.