FPS

Name says it all.
surfgeko

Post by surfgeko » Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:32 pm

lol, yeah, when i upgrded my system to a resonable setup it felt werid to be setting stuff to high :shrug:

guardian

Post by guardian » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:42 pm

i have over 300 fps but sometimes about 250 fps, i think thats alright :roll:

surfgeko

Post by surfgeko » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:11 pm

lolz0rs umm, what FPS are eyeballs?

Hammer137

Post by Hammer137 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:47 pm

that was a stupid question to an old post geko.

Eviscerator
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by Eviscerator » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:33 am

My connection must just be awful because my system should give me those numbers too but it drops into 50's during battle on several maps.

How sad...

surfgeko

Post by surfgeko » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:57 pm

i have over 300 fps but sometimes about 250 fps, i think thats alright roll
It wasnt me who bumped t3h post, it was him!

Kons

Post by Kons » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:10 pm

Eviscerator wrote:My connection must just be awful because my system should give me those numbers too but it drops into 50's during battle on several maps.

How sad...
You and me both

Troy

Post by Troy » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:04 am

Having a higher FPS than the refreshing rate of your monitor is pointless.

Refresh rates for monitors are usually 60 for LCDs and 60-100 for old big one's.

Lehkis
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by Lehkis » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:00 am

mine are 65 - 95 depends map and so on, ping are about ~180, i dont have any lag in any map and i can play more than well.

Like many times say, lag is not in the server it's yours grafig card what make you lag.

Some times most headshots in one map... so FPS or ping is not allways the unswear for everything, i have seen many times that log ping players (less than 100) wanna kick all higher pingers out becouse thay think that they make laggggg.
You jump down and distract him, and I'll shoot him!

Eviscerator
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by Eviscerator » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:50 pm

Well theoretically information has to be sent from the server to each individuals computer and then back to the server from each individuals computer, an individual with a higher ping is going to have some affect on a player with a lower ping (if they are fighting each other). The higher pinged player will get/send less packets from/to the server so the server will have to extrapolate(predict) more of that players movements/actions.

I read a very, very detailed explanation of the lagometer one day and from what I can remember it said that most servers send out packets in an amount that would work fine with pings up to 100, after that the extrapolation begins. At least I think that's what they were saying...

Kons

Post by Kons » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:53 pm

I figured out my FPS only drops significantly when I have Teamspeak running. :mad: I didn't use it lastnight and my FPS was steady the entire time.

Is this a driver issue? Or an upload speed issue with my isp?

Troy

Post by Troy » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:40 pm

Most probably upload, the TS takes about 10 KB/sec up/down separately. (20 in total). Hm... not TS, but skype. I think TS will be smt in the 20-60 KB/sec up+down.

With the predictions - other thing that the server is doing is thу time comparsion of the shots, so if some player with 500 ping wil shoot, during that time you could actually kill him, and then server will have to kill you. To make it fair it will not revive high pinger :P

Zeus
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by Zeus » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:55 pm

What Evis describes is correct, but also what "antilag" is all about too. It has always been widely believed that HPB ( high ping bastards :lol: ) cause everyone to lag, it is indeed incorrect. What it can and usually does do is cause aggravations on LPB ( low ping bastards ) part as the HPB's tend to warp around being tougher to hit and the always famous "he shot me through the wall, through the rock" etc......which isnt correct, just means the server didnt register his hit to you until you had already changed positions, taken cover.

Death and damage are assigned SERVER side so they are not hackable.

Kons, TS uses very little bandwith ( broadband user should never notice the use ) so what you are describing is definitely some sort of driver issue. Do a search around their site fourms and i do believe they are saying the same thing, maybe someone has it narrowed down to which and what though. http://www.goteamspeak.com/

-999-
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member
Location: Strangled, pounced, boomed, hit with concrete and somehow on fire with pipe bomb under me

Post by -999- » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:07 pm

I have the same issues even though I shouldn't. Part of it is running stuff I shouldn't while playing (trillian, winamp, etc), part of is a bunch of q3 games have issues with dual core systems, whether you have patched and run an optimizer or not.

Could also be one of several drivers, vid, sound, mobo, and of course Razer. :wall: