Kept getting kicked from server

General ET: Quake Wars Talk
mathieu32

Kept getting kicked from server

Post by mathieu32 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:34 pm

Hi,

I've reinstalled the game today after many years not playing and to my surprise there is still some people playing the game. I've played more then a 1000hrs in this game and was really nice playing it again. Unfortunately i keep getting kick from the server without any reason. I'm just trying to have some fun and bringing back old memories.

Thanks you for letting me play and keeping this game alive

Xylon

Re: Kept getting kicked from server

Post by Xylon » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:48 pm

Welcome back! I reinstalled in January after not playing in 8 years.

I got kicked a bunch at first too!

I am not a member; so I don't speak for BBA, but a few things anyone coming to this server learns very fast are:

Unbind switch teams key if you were accidentally hitting F6 or whatever and accidentally switching in the middle of the map. That happened to me a bunch.

There's a server rule only 50% of a team, rounded down, can be the same class. For example a 7 person team can only have 3 medics, etc.

Another server rule that can get you kicked is if both teams have the same number of players, on BBA's server you have to join defense. If a team is going to have one more player than the other team it has to be defense.

Turn ON global VOIP receive to ensure you hear what members are saying

I wasn't on tonight, so I do not know what else happened.

If it is suspected you are smurfing (that is a frequent player who made another account to hide their identity), it might take several weeks for ppl to be satisfied you are not a smurf

The QW community is on the ropes - TAW's servers are the only other servers that are active - personally I welcome any returning players

Cheers

Xylon

Post by Xylon » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:36 pm

Is this you?

Were you quick-scope sniping at close range like that?

Even I admit that's not much fun to be on the receiving end of. Try another weapon, maybe

If you played like that they might have even thought you were pliscin-7 (he is/was banned)

It's up to BBA what they ultimately allow on their server. TAW's Europe server is more anything-goes

Cheers

mathieu32

Post by mathieu32 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:13 am

It is me in this video from 10yrs ago. I did went to sniping on one map since no one was spec ops in outskirts for the last objective with the databrain and we had no radar. I'll try to make sure that i go to the right side and respect the 50% rule. I've tried asking why i was kicked and was asked what my name was. Maybe I was suspected smurfing but wasn't and i guess that video is some kind of proof.

Sissyboy
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Sissyboy » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:02 pm

We assume you are smurfing.

When someone comes back from years of not playing and starts popping off head shots, it's usually the case.

We try to keep games casual.
We don't want pros or players that have modified their console settings to give themselves an advantage.

It's a bowling night thing...
We keep it running through player donations and we try to keep player skill levels equal.
Professionals not needed or wanted.
:)

I'm guessing you are kloud.
Will Ban for Stroyent.

mathieu32

Post by mathieu32 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:52 pm

I guess i have to take it as a compliment then since i'm not smurfing and i would of thought that that video would of proved it. Another thing if you look at other videos you would see that they are in french (i'm from Quebec, Canada) so can't be the person you think i am from his youtube channel i guess https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGOe3p ... epwSlZlwaQ.

Xylon

Post by Xylon » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:13 am

So humble :)

After so many years of playing casually multiple nights a week, I think BBA and its regulars are really good. QW veterans. I get destroyed here just as hard as when I'm occasionally on TAW

Mordichai

Post by Mordichai » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:32 pm

Is there a reason the server has been password protected? Been playing off an on for years and haven't been on in a while till recently then it got locked down, not sure if it's a specific night thing or something?

Thanks.

Xylon

Post by Xylon » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:36 pm

It's Edxot's fault

Edxot kept joining last Saturday (Aug 24), and repeatedly ran an exploit that causes most of the players on the server to disconnect. It seems his attack only works if he can join the server, so the admins added a password to keep him out.

Can't post the password in public, but try messaging a BBA member from the friends list in-game

Mordichai

Post by Mordichai » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:35 pm

ok thanks!

mathieu32

Post by mathieu32 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:50 pm

Thanks for letting me in tonight!

edxot

Post by edxot » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:27 am

Xylon wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:36 pm
It's Edxot's fault

Edxot kept joining last Saturday (Aug 24), and repeatedly ran an exploit that causes most of the players on the server to disconnect. It seems his attack only works if he can join the server, so the admins added a password to keep him out.

Can't post the password in public, but try messaging a BBA member from the friends list in-game
Getting tired of retards spreading miss-information about me.
The player who causes the mass disconnect is pliscin.
This thread shows how he got caught:
https://forums.splashdamage.com/t/old-m ... ers/150871

There is at least one player who made a fake account equal to mine. Not sure what he had been using it for.
You guys, by banning my main account, are making it worse. The only way you got to be sure that it's me, is that I will show up in friends list of some BBA players.