The day has come

General ET: Quake Wars Talk
Randolf

The day has come

Post by Randolf » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:30 pm

Hey guys,

following the trend in new topics on this forum. this will also be ban related.

So i got banned because of quickscoping (resulting in hitting and killing Sissy) which would be totally understandable decision since it's againt server rules (unwritten?). However in my defence i have to say that it happened during warm up.
I thought it matters, especially since i asked and was given permission to do so by some bba members and past few days no one had problem with it. I didn't quickscope during normal game.
If there is other reason for ban, previous paragraph can be tossed to bin.

This topic may also start some discussion about "modded cfg", like i told before, i removed net settings part from my cfg while i was playing on bba.

I am also fully aware that server is Your's and it's all about pleasure and fun for ppl who pay for it as was pointed out by Siss, so if i am banned to keep balance I am ok with that, however this situation didn't feel like it.

Cheers,
Randy

Swatt
Clan Member
Clan Member

Re: The day has come

Post by Swatt » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:14 pm

Hi Randy. I,like most of our members are a simple group of older professionals (I use that term loosely), that have little time or interest in modding our environment beyond the vanilla as it can and does provide an advantage to those who have the time/desire to do so. As you eloquently explained below, 90% of our objective is the fun escape for a couple of hours over the remaining 10% which is still to be on the winning side of the game.To that end it is almost impossible to define every possible scenario that might affect that 90% fun escape, sometimes its people's language, or waiting to join a stacked team, or it might be the an advantage another player is receiving through means outside the architects original vision. Normally that last one qon't get you kicked unless the advantage is so large it disrupts previously said reasons or if the player is blatantly exercising that advantage.

Randolf

Post by Randolf » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:02 pm

Thanks for answer Swatt,

I made this topic to ask Sissy for a ban reason because i didn't get any while saying godbye, whole situation made it feel like sniper glitch was issue which didn't feel fair for me. On the other hand it could be just typical case of kill admin in bad mood and get banned. Especially since same happened to Alijan (i probably mistyped his name but you should know who it is) few days ago, Sissy just said that he got suddenly better and banned him, after playing vs him on EU i can just say that he plays decently.

Back on topic of getting unfair advantage with configs. After initial wave of comments about how unfair it feels to play versus me i cut it completely and played vanilla settings for 1-2 days. Later i decided to use cfg again because I simply got used to my graphic, resolution, sensitivity settings, custom binds etc, however i deleted all the net settings which were issue. Despite playing with castrated cfg i still got same comments so it may be hopeless case of great netcode of this game combined with high ping and worse performance of QW servers after PB and ranked got disabled.

About "architects original vision" diffrent types on configs are part of ET games since 2003 as well as many other games, ofc there were some banned commands and cvars but in general it was part of the game possible because of ID engine. Writing your own config sure takes time but getting ready from internet and slapping it with few tweaks same as 90% of players takes less time than avg QW map. I doubt that any of you is willing to do so, but there is diffrent easy, option, you can server side restirct values of diffrent commands to vanila numbers, gg game is fair for everyone and you don't have to trust that ppl will willingly castrate configs if they have one.

Randolf

Post by Randolf » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:11 pm

This will probably go unanswered because why bother...

I know that's your server and you are free to do anything, including banning half of ETQW player base but having reason which actually makes sense would be more than welcome.

I just would like to point out the fact that your knowage is limited when it comes to game mechanics, confings, how spectaing mode works etc.
This results in listing everything as unfair advanted or cheating, even if it's non existing software or features of mentioned configs which are also non existing.

But back to speactor mode, it's quite obvious that 190 ping + config of your server + lack of montion interpolation + other things which happen when you spec someone may result with not 100% accurate represtentaion of what happens. In short on your screen it may look like i didn't hit anything, but it doesn't mean that's how it looked on my screen and how server registered it. To prove a point i am including demo of this game, pls download and watch it. https://www.dropbox.com/s/7uu8ag7om79py ... 9.ndm?dl=0

I am also linking my twitch, there is plenty of vods so feel free to look for unfair exploits there https://twitch.tv/rand0lf

edit: since i got banned again I will allow myself to link another demo from game after which i was banned https://www.dropbox.com/s/39zchm8blyo40 ... 1.ndm?dl=0
And yes Sissy demo is 2nd best proof just behind stream when you can see game same as i see it specing is very inacurate...

Sissyboy
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Sissyboy » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:48 pm

Quick Scoping is a glitch used for an advantage. Glitches are not allowed on BBA servers.

You do unbalance the game. We will tolerate it to a point, but we are not here for your daily entertainment.
BBA members, and some regulars, pay for the server and there are about 4 members who have been here a long time keeping the BBA server going while most other servers are gone. We have managed to do that by trying to make the place fun, (although I don't think we have been succeeding lately at making the server fun) being aggressive against "competition" players and/or players who may have tweaked their configs to give themselves an unfair advantage over players who have not tweaked their configs. We also get rid of asshats and any problem players.

We will not have a player dominate the server and ruin gameplay for everyone else. We don't let Pliscin play here, because he is in it for himself.
I see how other servers get a group of "competition" players on one team and ruin the fun for everyone else.
That's not going to happen on this server, not while I have anything to say about it.

You wanna come in and snipe a little bit... help your team some, and keep things balanced. Then yes, please feel free to join. You want to shoot lights out with a sniper rifle or hyperblaster and rack up 75-80 kills every game, then you won't be here long.

I don't have a problem with your attitude, you are always friendly, but you are going to have to chill and help your team, which means playing classes other than sniper and soldier (not that you play soldier much.)

I will try to be more tolerant.
Will Ban for Stroyent.

Randolf

Post by Randolf » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:56 pm

Thank you for your response Sissy.
Sissyboy wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:48 pm
Quick Scoping is a glitch used for an advantage. Glitches are not allowed on BBA servers.
As i said i only used that during warmup knowing your server's policy, also i got banned for that during warmup, doesn't mater now.
Sissyboy wrote:
You do unbalance the game. We will tolerate it to a point, but we are not here for your daily entertainment.
BBA members, and some regulars, pay for the server and there are about 4 members who have been here a long time keeping the BBA server going while most other servers are gone. We have managed to do that by trying to make the place fun, (although I don't think we have been succeeding lately at making the server fun) being aggressive against "competition" players and/or players who may have tweaked their configs to give themselves an unfair advantage over players who have not tweaked their configs. We also get rid of asshats and any problem players.
I said what i think about configs in 1st post. I agree that it's hard to balance game while having one or few more dominant players, we run into this problem on events or EU from time to time although i don't think that I win as many maps on your server as you make it sound, sometimes it even feels like I lose majority of games.

Only reason I was so frustrated after bans is because, it didn't feel like "you unbalance game and make ppl leave" but rather few guys gets annoyed and bans me with random excuse like "i was using aim assist", I was hitting too well or just general bullshit. I know that for many ppl i am fishy but there is nothing more i can do than give demos and recordings of my gameplay and hope that anyone will check it and change their opinion.
Sissyboy wrote:
I see how other servers get a group of "competition" players on one team and ruin the fun for everyone else.
That's not going to happen on this server, not while I have anything to say about it.
Unbalanced games happen on every server and stacking happens not that often as you may say here. Last time we stacked one team with 7 exterminate ppl we lost all 3 maps ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sissyboy wrote:
You wanna come in and snipe a little bit... help your team some, and keep things balanced. Then yes, please feel free to join. You want to shoot lights out with a sniper rifle or hyperblaster and rack up 75-80 kills every game, then you won't be here long.
I am happy that i am not insta banned and allowed to play also as you can see recently I am not top kills most of time and if I am top kills the number is resonable. Last time i got 80 kills on BBA was in january.

Sissyboy
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Sissyboy » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:56 pm

What name were you using?

I can't seem to find Randoflux in the ban list.
Will Ban for Stroyent.

Randolf

Post by Randolf » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:01 pm

That unban lasted for a while, but I wouldn't write this post if i could still join on server...

Didn't play for good few days, came back, played one full map, which I lost, balance was fine, attacking team got to last obj and planted, it got defused, perfect game. Ok i got top kills but it was normal number, below 50 and i didn't have top accuracy with it, everything within standards.
Next map you ban me 30 sec into map after specing me during warmup for 1 min.

DIdn't break any rules, didn't cause any problems, didn't break balance, didn't abuse hyper or sniper. You didn't gave any warnings, any feedback, any information about anything. Even before ban you didn't bother saying why, that's just "not cool".

So what happend this time?

Sissyboy
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Sissyboy » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:53 am

Dude.... I had just said something about not playing with players with 7 in their name or clan, and that I wouldn't let them play on the server.
Within seconds you changed your name to include 7.
Which is just not smart and disrespectful.
Please go play somewhere else.

I will be watching for new names with your normal ping...
Seriously go play somewhere else.
Will Ban for Stroyent.

Randolf

Post by Randolf » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:18 pm

Sleeping with someone's mom jokes flying left, right and center, no one bats an eye.
I change 1 to 7 in clan tag and my joke is so bad that gets me insta banned. Yup.

I am not gonna explain how it was a joke given I am friends with spifff_7 who were the cause of that whole topic, how I was banned before which puts me well into the narrative of "players not surviving long on BBA" and I am same clan as pliscin-7,nobody-7,caine-7 etc.
What I can do is ask why you don't resolve such matters with for example kick, I would understand if you told me to *CENSORED MORON ALERT* off and ask to change, i would get that something is really not right if you would kick me but ban? You just ban everyone for everything and need to ask for unban commands O_o

I have admin rights on EU and for me banning is last resort, there are other tools to deal with ppl and making community smaller at this point is last thing we all want.

Given your reaction it looks like I really was culturally insensitive, I am sorry for that. My point wasn't to offend or test you just to have laughts with friends. I got lots of things mixed in translation and i am not native english speaker from EU so that happens from time to time.
Sissyboy wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:53 am
I will be watching for new names with your normal ping...
I share my ping with majority of EU and europian part of Russia, but i am not sure if banning random ppl will be problem for you

P.S. few months ago i was playing with nick randoflx-7 and it didn't cause any reaction from you.

Mutt
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Mutt » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:11 am

So, you were told not to do it, and you decided to be an ass and did it anyway?

Seems pretty cute and dry, dude.

Randolf

Post by Randolf » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:11 pm

To be exact he said that "players with 7 in their name don't survive here long", it had nothing to do with name of the player but rather their skill, so I didn't take it as hard rule which could result in such incomparably high punishment.

Did I test his claim and got punished for that? Yeah. Should he ban me? Not really.

Mutt
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Mutt » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:16 pm

Randolf wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:11 pm
To be exact he said that "players with 7 in their name don't survive here long", it had nothing to do with name of the player but rather their skill, so I didn't take it as hard rule which could result in such incomparably high punishment.

Did I test his claim and got punished for that? Yeah. Should he ban me? Not really.
That's your opinion. Sounds like you're the sort of person that loves to test boundaries, and doesn't understand that at some point, the people that run the server will have enough of dealing with your bullshit.

Which has apparently happened.

So, good bye.