Hmm connection is screwy?

Name says it all.
imjustazn14

Hmm connection is screwy?

Post by imjustazn14 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:58 pm

So just about an hour ago, I tried to connect to the server, but I somehow have no connection regardless. After finding the fix on the etmaster.com server fix, I decided to give that fix a try. I used OPTION 2 at first (modded ET.exe file), but then I used OPTION 3 (editing the hosts file, since I had experience with that file in particular). With that done I tried to go on.

I was able to join some random (I think it's NQ) server before finding BBA on list. When I tried joining, it went to the the loading screen still awaiting for a connection. I then tried using the connect shortcut desktop icon (RayBan post). Also one thing to note is that the server name (<{BBA}>1 NO XP RESET...blahblahblah) will sometimes popup in my favorites list, and then a refresh makes it seem offline. Refresh a bit more, it's on. So on and so forth.

I checked the firewall, it's good (as I said I only edited the host file, an nothing of the firewall changed for ET).

My internet connection is good. (I'm using a dedicated wired connection in my college dorm, still able to run a speed test that shows a consistent connection.)

I guess it's now a question of, what is limiting my connection. I consider a few things that may cause this.
- University firewall? (what's odd about this possibility is that I played ET here in my dorm for the past 2 weeks, though could be blocked now...)
EDIT: If it were to be the university firewall, I would not be seeing the server list at all.
- The etmaster fix? I don't know for a fact if there is some hindrance in this system in contrast from the normal list.
- Zeus's doing?(no accusations intended) I hope you didn't screw something up...

wiredrawn

Post by wiredrawn » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:30 pm

Same is happening to me, cept when I click on server info I see my name in the list, I see 2 actually one has a 999 ping and the other 0.

Digger
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Digger » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:33 pm

Servers are having a problem....be patient. :wtg:

Zeus
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by Zeus » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:49 pm

My ping looked great via tracert but when checking the main servers info the cpu usage was spiking pretty high for ET and only 11 players were on, it is rebooting right now, hopefully should fix it, been seeing more of this since we upgraded jaymods a little while ago.

KrispyKritter
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by KrispyKritter » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:53 pm

I tried to connect my Thursday evening and no luck. You don't need the ET or Trackbase Master Server Lists if you use a form of direct-connect: either start ET, open console and type "/connect bba1.badassservers.net" or put those words (but not the /) after "ET.exe" in a shortcut.

For some reason, my Vista64 desktop shortcut has a target of ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\ET.exe" connect 174.34.176.202:27960". It may be because I couldn't connect sometime with the "bba1..." form and tried the direct IP.

Zeus says to always use the "BBA1.badassservers.net", which will never change, while the direct-IP numbers might.
KrispyKritter aka Chatty (glitchy finger) Charlie
Image(pcB)

Zeus
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by Zeus » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:59 pm

Seems some asshat has decided to try and attack/clog our 27960 port so I have switched over to 27961 which seems to have pings back down to where they should be.

KrispyKritter
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by KrispyKritter » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:11 pm

Zeus wrote:Seems some asshat has decided to try and attack/clog our 27960 port so I have switched over to 27961 which seems to have pings back down to where they should be.
At this moment, can connect with direct IP:27961, but not with bba1.badassservers.net.

connect 174.34.176.202:27961
KrispyKritter aka Chatty (glitchy finger) Charlie
Image(pcB)

Zeus
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by Zeus » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:27 pm

Issue seems to have resolved for now, port put back to 27960

bibizz944x
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by bibizz944x » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:55 pm

Tks , i've been able to connected finally :lol:
IF YOU'RE NOT BEHIND OUR TROOPS,PLZ FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM.

imjustazn14

Post by imjustazn14 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:20 pm

Thank you. I am able to connect there again. Though I am at my home for the weekend, so I may try to test this again back at college.

Thanks a mil!

EDIT 7:15 PM EST: Ping issues are rising again. Wiredrawn is having the same issues again. Loading is more slower than it is (at times it would bug out on me and I am forced to restart ET).