XP saver rocks!! (Public MOD release yet?)

General ET: Quake Wars Talk
Talon

XP saver rocks!! (Public MOD release yet?)

Post by Talon » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:03 am

Greets to all!!

I recently found and have been playing on the no XP resest server..
It is loads of fun!! Thanks!!!

Has there been a public release of the XP saver mod yet?
The serve forum said check back in the future.. That post was almost 2 years ago..

I'm not looking to make a public/Internet server..
I just want to use it on my Work LAN so a few of my co-workers and I can play durring lunch or when things are slow or the boss isn't around..
We have a corporate external controlled Firewall and all the ports needed for Internet play are blocked.

TheDecipher
BBA ShouldBe
BBA ShouldBe

Post by TheDecipher » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:07 pm

Just an FYI to the occasional question we still get, we will not be releasing our mod for public usage, it is something we built to our likings and settings.

There is plenty of room on our server so join up and enjoy.

Thanks
In the meanwhile, you should know that it is illegal to kill TheDecipher in Quakewars lol. :) :D See you and your co-workers there soon! :D

!D

!die all

Sissyboy
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Sissyboy » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:10 pm

Welcome to the forums Talon.
I played with ya a bit tonight.

There has been no public release of the Xp saver mod.

BBA members, (not me), worked very hard creating it and getting it to work.

And there will be no public release. Heck.. no one even supports ETQW...

But you and your fellow employees are always welcome on the server.
Just follow the rules and play anytime.

Good to have you.

Sissyboy
Will Ban for Stroyent.

SnatchBagger

Post by SnatchBagger » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:29 pm

Hey guys, SnatchBagger here from TAW clan.

I was wondering if I could get some help from you guys regarding this XP save mod. We're trying to run a little holiday campaign for our members only, not on a public server, and wondered how difficult it is to get XP save working.

I understand you guys created this mod, nice job with that btw, but I don't understand what the hesitance is with releasing your creation to the community.

I realize you want to be unique, and we as a clan would never have this mod on our public servers, but it seems like a fun mod to use in private settings.

Is there anyway way, in these twilight days ETQW, that you would reconsider making this public? Anything that helps keep people interested in the game is always a plus. As far as ranked servers go, you never find more than 1-3 servers active at any one time.

So thanks for listening, hope to hear from someone soon.

- SB

Mutt
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Mutt » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:23 am

SnatchBagger wrote: Hey guys, SnatchBagger here from TAW clan.

I was wondering if I could get some help from you guys regarding this XP save mod. We're trying to run a little holiday campaign for our members only, not on a public server, and wondered how difficult it is to get XP save working.
A lot of the necessary hooks are already in the SDK. Download it, compile, and modify it to taste. A good coder who knows C++ and can follow OOP well can probably have a prototype running in a couple days, at least good enough to get you through your holiday soiree.
SnatchBagger wrote: I understand you guys created this mod, nice job with that btw
Thanks! A lot of innocent bottles of Guinness were sacrificed in its creation. Poor things never knew what hit em...
SnatchBagger wrote: , but I don't understand what the hesitance is with releasing your creation to the community.

I realize you want to be unique
Bingo... it's not just that we want to be unique, we are unique. And we like it like that. :)
SnatchBagger wrote: Is there anyway way, in these twilight days ETQW, that you would reconsider making this public? Anything that helps keep people interested in the game is always a plus.
We couldn't agree more. Taking that to the next logical step though... anything that keeps people interested in BBA's instance of the game is an even better plus.

Thanks for stopping in, and we look forward to seeing you on the battlefield!

Sissyboy
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Sissyboy » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:37 pm

Glad you answered Mutt. I had no idea what to say. Well done!
Will Ban for Stroyent.

Zeus
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by Zeus » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:05 am

Sissyboy wrote:Glad you answered Mutt. I had no idea what to say. Well done!
Spending too many brain cells on the "Ask Sissy" thread.. :lmao:

Mutt, he da man. :hail: