Motorola Bionic

Android / Iphone and other gadgets.
Zeus
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Motorola Bionic

Post by Zeus » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:34 pm

Another good looking phone but keeps getting pushed back.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/05/moto ... -hands-on/

GunClap
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by GunClap » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:04 am

It's good to see manufacturers become more adventurous in their attempts to merge modern personal computing with mobility and cellular access, but I think one of the reasons these new end phones keep geing pushed back is because Google keeps whipping out new Android versions by months, not years so manufacturers are waiting themselves for the "next big thing" in android and also, manufacturers are spending far too much time reworking and rebranding Android.

OK, HTC sense is the business, but HTC was working with Google on Android since its infancy (hence we got the HTC-Google N 1). I would really like to see a load of new handsets running stock Android... No need for networks to modify it, no need for manufacturers to brand it, just put it on there and let the user decide how they want to design it.

I'm really impressed with the merger of PC technology and mobile phones, but everyone's trying to do it in a "profitable" way, which in itself is causing the appeal to be devalued... They should sell the handsets with the design of Android in mind... Simplicity, nothing more, nothing less.

(Just a mobile phone engineer's gripe)
Your mind is a weapon. Keep it clean, clear and loaded...