Optimized Icons for BBA

Anything You want to talk about NOT ET related. Drop in and say Hi.
OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Optimized Icons for BBA

Post by OhMyHead » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:59 am

Guys, for years I've wanted to do this, and I finally got around to it. Many of the icons used on this site were created for a white background. Of course we're gray around here. So I trimmed 'em up to look more at home here. Feel free to incorporate them if you wish. My gift. :salute:

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImage (I didn't mess with the polls one.)

They are not perfect. But I ain't no graphic artist, yo! :lol: Having said that, if you are interested in NEW ones to replace the 4 bigger ones, perhaps some sort of contest? Winner gets a t-shirt or something?

KrispyKritter
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Re: Optimized Icons for BBA

Post by KrispyKritter » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:09 am

OhMyHead wrote: Many of the icons used on this site were created for a white background. ... So I trimmed 'em up to look more at home here. Feel free to incorporate them if you wish. My gift. :salute: ....
ImageImageImageImage OMH's shave & a haircut of images
ImageImageImageImage Current images

Thanks, Dood! (I was trying to be hip & cool once, but was told ingame that 'Dood' is Dutch for ').
KrispyKritter aka Chatty (glitchy finger) Charlie
Image(pcB)

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:34 am

Dood is Dutch for what? And you're welcome! That globe is a mess, though. :( We should probably match the colors to the site's color scheme. Or something. I don't know. I feel like I'm dipping into the clan's bidness. I don't mean to cross any lines.

KrispyKritter
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by KrispyKritter » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:09 am

I don't think you're stepping on any clan toes, and the effort is appreciated. I don't know the source of the original images, but they might have a license that says something like, 'free to use if unmodified'.

Wikipedia says of the word "Dood":

"English, Noun, dood (plural doods), 1. Nonstandard spelling of dude.", so I guess I am in the clear.

It also says:
"Dutch, Adjective, dood (comparative doder, superlative doodst) 1. dead" (sounds like Eng. Pronunciation of "doats" )
FYI, as a Verb it is also a "first-person singular present indicative of doden."

DidYouKnow, that 'leet' is the name of a European Pollock (fish)?
KrispyKritter aka Chatty (glitchy finger) Charlie
Image(pcB)

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:58 am

I did not know that about leet. Not being leet, I know very little about leet. :lol:

I bet if you went back to the source of this board, you'd find matching images for dark backgrounds. These boards were created many years ago when no one knew or cared about this sort thing. I gotta think they updated stuff along the way.

Zeus
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by Zeus » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:38 pm

Thanks OMH, I get to here very little lately and even when I do, just not much left in the tank to do much, I will get those updated asap though, they look great!

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:09 pm

Thank.you.SIR! I was happy to do it.