What android weather/time widget do you use?

Android / Iphone and other gadgets.
TheDecipher
BBA ShouldBe
BBA ShouldBe

What android weather/time widget do you use?

Post by TheDecipher » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:17 am

Hey guys,

What widget do you use for your weather and widget on your phone. Also if you use weather and toggle app (the 1.99$) one like I do, what skins do u recommend on it? :D

Also has anyone got their hands on the Droid X yet.

Also to all the iphone 4 fans out there.

http://cnettv.cnet.com/?type=franchiseI ... g=mncol;pm

(evil laugh) buahahah

!D :lmao:

Zeus
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by Zeus » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:34 am

I use the same weather widget as you, gotta look what skin I put on it, dont do tons of tweaking just not enough time.... :eew:

Played with the Droid X lastnight, my sons friend got one, real nice feel to it, never liked the physical keyboard on my Droid.

GunClap
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by GunClap » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:01 pm

I don't keep a weather widget on my dekstop, but I found a really nice clear desktop clock for my HTC desire.

Digital Clock Widget by maize
http://www.cyrket.com/p/android/com.maize.digitalClock/

Very clean, quite customisable. Only problem I've noticed is that if you have day displaying on the date, it can flicker between full day name and abbreviated, but I think that might be something to do with my UI sense. It's free, ad free and I would highly recommend it.
Your mind is a weapon. Keep it clean, clear and loaded...

Zeus
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by Zeus » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:15 pm

Its not a weather only widget, it is a flip clock like the HTC with weather and ability to customize it so you can have it do different things as you tap on parts of it. ie...alarm clock etc.

GunClap
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by GunClap » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:44 pm

Oh, yeah. I know, I looked into it. What I mean was, I never use a weather widget even though I have the HTC sense flip clock and weather. But the alternative clocks were either too large or didn't fit the decor of the other widgets and backgrounds I use, whereas that Digital Clock Wiget is naturally tranclucent and the ariel style fontface works well with most forms of customisation. It also has the ability to change the on click function from opening settings to opening calendar or alarm. It's a nice alternative to HTCs inbuilt ones if you want something small with simple functionality and a nice clean look.
Your mind is a weapon. Keep it clean, clear and loaded...

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:12 pm

I can't remember if I bought The Toggle one or Beautiful Widgets, but it didn't update the time, hence useless. As for the weather, the Sense UI time/weather widget is pretty badass. And when I use a home replacement program (to be posted about here in a minute), I just stick my head out the window to get the weather. :lol:

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:49 pm

Just went back to Beautiful Widgets. The interface for seeing/using the many different themes is WAY better and less confusing than Weather Widget and Toggle. The time is updating and when the temps don't update, you can easily switch from AccuWeather to Google services. I don't need the toggles but the clock and weather stuff is awesome as I will soon demonstrate in another thread.

Simtech
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Simtech » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:41 pm

+1 Beautiful Widgets and LauncherPro FWT!
Looks great on my Fascinate.
ImageImage

AvesLoger

What android weather/time widget do you use

Post by AvesLoger » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:31 am

My company back in Canada had Lenovo’s back then. Unless you hade one that met a standerd for them. I used a beat up CF-50 with the charger not working depending on what temperature it was outside.