new to mappin

Want to make a map? Have one you made and want to test it out?
ET-Killah

new to mappin

Post by ET-Killah » Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:19 pm

i got some excellent idea's for new maps, but im not sure where to start? the "official" map editor looks so over complicated and not noobie friendly -.-

anyone know if there are newbie courses out there i could learn from lol, ya know stuff like doing a basic land you can walk on with nothing else.. etc.etc then workin up from that to like placin buildings..

thanks

or even courses i can d/l and work with offline too?

-999-
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member
Location: Strangled, pounced, boomed, hit with concrete and somehow on fire with pipe bomb under me

Post by -999- » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:32 pm

Venze
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Venze » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:25 am

I have looked a tons of sites, but i am still confuse, is there any there has a link to a program where you can make the maps in?

The_Clap

Post by The_Clap » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:44 am

theres no easy way, believe me.

Im in school for architecture/graphic design so I know my way around high end 3d programs like 3dMax, Maya, Lightwave, and I wont touch map design because of the headache it is.

Troy

Post by Troy » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:46 am

Heh, I am doing a summer project for my design enrichment course. Guess what it is? Wolf ET map. Starting to get used to Radiant, after an UT map editor. Having quite a few ideas, lot's of textures and no time to do :)

A usefull thing to do is to read the Radiant manual, get used to controlls and then just experiment, taking original maps as an examples. Start with modifying the original maps. Then build a tiny-crappy own map, then go further. That will take you a month o so. No shortcuts really.

Another thing to ask - is it possible to make a stationary mortar, or panzerfaust-launcher?

Master73

Re: new to mappin

Post by Master73 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:45 am

Well at least most map editors can be difficult. Maybe you should try this link so that you can move up one step further:

http://4newbies.planetwolfenstein.games ... apping.htm

You might have to go step-by-step in order to find out the information.