Photoshop THIS!

Anything You want to talk about NOT ET related. Drop in and say Hi.
OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:08 am

bibizz944x wrote:
OhMyHead wrote:You put Theme: Animals, that's what confused me. No, you posted a pic and I manipulated it in some way. That's the idea. Not sure what Bibi is thinking though.

:lmao: :hail: im sorry :weedman: :lol:
No prob, B! Check out my monster Celtic Frost post, then find me a pic to mess with! :wtg:

GunClap
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by GunClap » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:43 am

I gotta speak up for gimp. I'm not an expert in image manipulation at all, but even I can produce decent quality gifs and jpgs from it and there's a huge collection of tutorials available from GOOGLE! (Remember, if your question can be answered by google, you shouldn't have asked it.)

GIMP is free, just as powerful as Photoshop and the only reason it hasn't got as much publicity is the semi-dodgy name...

Apart from that GIMP RULES!!!

I'll cut a funny shot with it and put it up here.
Your mind is a weapon. Keep it clean, clear and loaded...

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:09 am

GunClap wrote:I'll cut a funny shot with it and put it up here.
This one calls for a straight pic to be posted and then funny things done to it. But since no one found us one all day today, I'll put one up and get working on it tomorrow. Gimp it up, gang!

Let's see what we can do with THIS...

[ grab larger version to work with if necessary ]

dickcheneyhunting
BBA Wannabe
BBA Wannabe

Post by dickcheneyhunting » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:05 pm

Sweet I got a good idea for that one. :wtg:

Edit: Everytime I edit the photo and save it all that comes out is a big black picture. :mad:

KrispyKritter
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by KrispyKritter » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:18 pm

GunClap wrote:(Remember, if your question can be answered by google, you shouldn't have asked it.)
HARDCORE!

I have to disagree a little. I think people ask questions here because they feel like they are conversing with friends, who act like Editors. Googling the Internet gets you who know what. My particular peeve (on technical sites) is old, old undated pages. I've look through the source code to try to find the date, to no avail. I might find another indication that the page is 5 years old. Searchers who are new to computing might think the old terms they are reading are brand-new stuff, since they never heard of it, especially if the site couches them in the language of the new. (New then, old now).

Did you know the next big thing is switching from MFM to RLL hard drives?

http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache:YD ... ct=clnk&gl

Funny, the site went to Google cache after my first view and the original was truncated! :huh:

Here's a 'full-height' MFM drive. Old-timers, notice they don't say half-height anymore.
versus a 2.5 inch drive and a US cent and an UK penny
KrispyKritter aka Chatty (glitchy finger) Charlie
Image(pcB)

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:39 pm

Krispy, if only you would have placed those drives in the urinals and posted that. :) And yes, thanks for that first thing you said. Nothing I like more than being called lazy when reaching out for help. Imagine how barren tech boards would be if everyone responded to requests for help with "Google it."

DCH, are you using Save As in the File menu? Be sure you click Select File Type and choose JPG. If you are already doing that, sorry, not sure what's going on.

dickcheneyhunting
BBA Wannabe
BBA Wannabe

Post by dickcheneyhunting » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:57 pm

lol I didn't notice the google comment. I hate have to rely on google for the fact that they give you a million pages and you have find out which one has your answer. I might as well do the mistake unless its expensive one. :mad: I once was looking for the name of a movie and I had to go through 50 pages and I had the main characters name. :headache: This was a long time ago, but man did i waste a lot of time researching wasted. :nay: So google give me back 50 minutes you wasted of my time!...wait getting off topic..I will try and use paint omh hopefully it will work. :ontopic:

dickcheneyhunting
BBA Wannabe
BBA Wannabe

Post by dickcheneyhunting » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:04 pm

okay lol its small but funny. :wtg:

KrispyKritter
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by KrispyKritter » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:08 pm

dickcheneyhunting wrote: I hate have to rely on google for the fact that they give you a million pages and you have find out which one has your answer.
I once had a lot of trouble finding info on a cancer chemotherapy drug because the co-worker who needed the info had misspelled it. I only found it after somebody else had misspelled it the same way on the Internet. Back before Google,etc started offering alt-spellings.
:offtopic:
BTW, the Veterans Administration says 80% of medical info on the web is bogus, and I believe it!

"Master Ko"'s site said if you touch a hand to forehead and the other to stomach, if either hand is warm, you have diabetes and he has the cure.
Women: if you touch a hand to your forehead and the other to either breast, if either hand is warm, you have breast-cancer, and he has the cure.
KrispyKritter aka Chatty (glitchy finger) Charlie
Image(pcB)

sir_drunkenalot
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by sir_drunkenalot » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:56 pm

"Master Ko"'s site said if you touch a hand to forehead and the other to stomach, if either hand is warm, you have diabetes and he has the cure.
Women: if you touch a hand to your forehead and the other to either breast, if either hand is warm, you have breast-cancer, and he has the cure.[/quote]

Sounds like a genius! I wish it was all that simple!!! :wall: :lmao:
you think I aint worth a dollar but I feel like a millionaire...

Sir Drunkenalot|warmonger

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:07 am

What is all this blather? Where are the 'shops?

Here's a head start for anyone who wants to give this a try.

A .PSD of the original pic minus the view

A .PSD of the original pic minus the view AND the guy

Good job, DCH! And yeah, that IS funny. :D

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:24 am

Well, I had a great big hairy brain fart and couldn't come up with anything especially funny. And I couldn't do it dirty. So I did it Fallout 3...

dickcheneyhunting
BBA Wannabe
BBA Wannabe

Post by dickcheneyhunting » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:32 am

OhMyHead wrote:Good job, DCH! And yeah, that IS funny. :D
I was begining to think nobody got the joke. :hail:
Nice picture yourself. :wtg:

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:15 am

Thanks, but I think it was WAY too busy. So I fixed it a bit.

TheDecipher
BBA ShouldBe
BBA ShouldBe

Post by TheDecipher » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:03 am

nice!!!!!...... do one with dirty standing next to a bleeding krispy now lol........

Decipher

!die all