PB screen of death (guid unkn), driving me crazy!!

Game Questions and Help / Errors and Game Issues
SierraMist

PB screen of death (guid unkn), driving me crazy!!

Post by SierraMist » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:32 am

:wall:

Can't begin to explain how frustrating this is,

well for the past month or so i've been kicked by PB endlessly at the load of every map including first connection to server with the message on-screen PB GUID AUTH: UNKN

i have tried EVERYTHING to stop this, (manual updates all the home remedies you name it, hell tried some magic and it dont work :priest:)

hoping it would stop, only winding up with the same thing again......

i'm hopeless and all i just want to do is play... :cry:

i need help, badly. :cry:

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:02 am

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

Whenever *I* have had PB problems, I go to my pb folder and launch pbweb.exe and it fixes it every time no matter what it is.

KrispyKritter
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by KrispyKritter » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:32 am

I've seen the PB GUID AUTH: UNKN a lot since the PB upgrade, but Sierra's problem with it is by far the worst I've witnessed.

(Or is he just the most persistent victim?)
KrispyKritter aka Chatty (glitchy finger) Charlie
Image(pcB)

GunClap
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by GunClap » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:48 pm

I was having this for a long time. I did a pbsetup.exe update a long time ago. I also remember switching to Outpost Free Edition because Comodo's D+ was constantly getting me kicked for Disallowed Program/Driver 120135. Sierra, I would copy out your profile, config and etkey, then reinstall and see if that helps.

I am STILL receiving stutter lag that I can't get rid of. For no apparent reason, for 5 mins, the game drops packets and freezes/lags for about 3 frames every 2nd seconds. Then, it seems to go away. I've noticed a lot of traffic going to EvenBalance.com at the time...
Your mind is a weapon. Keep it clean, clear and loaded...

KrispyKritter
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by KrispyKritter » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:11 pm

zarmati wrote:When I get that error i reconnect . once i reconnect and i get kicked again it usually give me upure client.pk3.
I'm such a genius that, with any PB error, I skip the /reconnect step and just restart the game. I avoid the bitter disappointment of "unpure client.pk3".

I've seen many players, perhaps new or perhaps non-english-speakers, reconnect over and over, again and again. pk3, pk3, pk3.
KrispyKritter aka Chatty (glitchy finger) Charlie
Image(pcB)

zarmati

Post by zarmati » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:43 am

I also get that same problem.
Here is my non-complex computer nerd answer :)
When I get that error i reconnect . once i reconnect and i get kicked again it usually give me upure client.pk3.
Quit my game and come back if it does it again then i try it again and again and again and it works. Persistence is the key!! :)

No offense to all you computer geniuses :)

SierraMist

Post by SierraMist » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:24 am

OhMyHead wrote:http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

Whenever *I* have had PB problems, I go to my pb folder and launch pbweb.exe and it fixes it every time no matter what it is.
zomg didnt i say i did everything? :wall:

SierraMist

Post by SierraMist » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:26 am

reinstall doesnt work either, pb just recently beat the living crap out of me with slapping me left and right with the screen of death. :/ :wall:

sigh... this is tiring :shrug:

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:49 am

SierraMist wrote:
OhMyHead wrote:http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

zomg didnt i say i did everything? :wall:
Hey man, I contributed those in case you missed something. I'm not psychic, I don't know exactly what you tried or didn't.

Byte me. :nay:

dickcheneyhunting
BBA Wannabe
BBA Wannabe

Post by dickcheneyhunting » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:15 pm

KrispyKritter wrote:
zarmati wrote:When I get that error i reconnect . once i reconnect and i get kicked again it usually give me upure client.pk3.
I'm such a genius that, with any PB error, I skip the /reconnect step and just restart the game. I avoid the bitter disappointment of "unpure client.pk3".

I've seen many players, perhaps new or perhaps non-english-speakers, reconnect over and over, again and again. pk3, pk3, pk3.
You can avoid the whole process of restarting the game so you wont get unpure client.pk3 by just loading jaymod when you get a pb kick. Also the same goes for Reload Glitch, if you just go while on the server: Escape Menu-Game-Option and turn off and on the automatic reload it fixes the problem.-Thanks for the shortcut recommendation Weapon Next. :hail:

zarmati

Post by zarmati » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:56 pm

Thanks Cheney :)

dickcheneyhunting
BBA Wannabe
BBA Wannabe

Post by dickcheneyhunting » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:12 pm

No problem zamarti, I seen this too many times. I find myself in a 2vs2 each player being valuable to both teams. And all of a sudden PB has panic attack since everybody is having fun and decides to kick someone and they can't comeback cause of that stupid excuse. :roll:

SierraMist

Post by SierraMist » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:21 am

sry omh kinda got carried away there.

thanks guys for all your help but nothing's working so far, i guess ill just mindlessly reconnect when i get kicked lol

till then i'll wait until something happens... :/ :joystick: :help:

dickcheneyhunting
BBA Wannabe
BBA Wannabe

Post by dickcheneyhunting » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:24 am

did you try loading jaymod cause if you tried everything it be kind of pointless to give you advice. :duh:

SierraMist

Post by SierraMist » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:23 am

well yea been doing that too

nothing so far

but i did find something from evenbalance when i was looking from their updates, tried to find something with my guid problem PB keeps spamming, came across from an update description dated back July 2005, a long long time ago:
Wednesday 07.13.2005 [2:30PM]

Version 1.160 of the PB Server for ET has been released to our PB Master Servers for auto-update and to our website download page.

Release Notes for PB Server v1.160:
cdkey/guid authorization packets are cached for only 5 seconds (down from 3 minutes) to reduce kicking for unknown guids affecting players with slow DNS resolution
well the kicking for unknown guids (thats me with the pb guid unkn) affects players with slow DNS resolution, but dont you think this could be noticed by now since its like happening again, 4 years later?

must be a ISP problem, the thing is how can i solve this,
if it is from my DNS, how can i speed up my resolution or something, so that maybe this can stop once and for all? :huh: :help: