PB Disallowed Program/Driver 120135

Game Questions and Help / Errors and Game Issues
KrispyKritter
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by KrispyKritter » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:10 pm

I've seen 8 players kicked for this in the last 24 hours, during 2.5 hours of my online-time.

As I recall, AcidStorm & Fish yesterday, Restrained & Absinthe today, amongst others.

This problem has been reported in another game-forum (punk-busted).

They had the idea of the victims reporting their hw/sw to find a common thread.
KrispyKritter aka Chatty (glitchy finger) Charlie
Image(pcB)

HughJorgan
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by HughJorgan » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:12 pm

Sounds like another famous PB update... They'll probably have it ironed out in another 2 or 3 iterations, at least until next time.
BBA - Be there or be nowhere!

Zeus
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by Zeus » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:15 pm

HughJorgan wrote:Sounds like another famous PB update... They'll probably have it ironed out in another 2 or 3 iterations, at least until next time.
Evenbalance page doesnt show any since 11/21 11/22 as that was exactly my first thoughts too. :shrug:

pbd

Post by pbd » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:19 pm

i'm randomly kicked after 10 sec to 2 min of playing, with pb displaying this message.

besz

Post by besz » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:20 pm

Me too. Same problem. Hmmm.

pbd

Post by pbd » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:26 pm

I'm not kicked if I stay spectator, but when I join a team, I'm always kicked after a few time.

edit : kicked when spectator, but I can stay in game more time than when I join a team.

edit2 : pb work perfect with Quake Live, seems to have problem only with RTCW:ET

KrispyKritter
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by KrispyKritter » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:58 pm

pbd wrote:I'm not kicked if I stay spectator, but when I join a team, I'm always kicked after a few time.

edit : kicked when spectator, but I can stay in game more time than when I join a team.
after mouse-movement?
KrispyKritter aka Chatty (glitchy finger) Charlie
Image(pcB)

pbd

Post by pbd » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:23 pm

I go play Quake Live for 1 hour, come back to ET, problem have disappear.

edit : next map, problem reappeared. That is boring.

besz

Post by besz » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:35 am

KrispyKritter wrote:
pbd wrote:I'm not kicked if I stay spectator, but when I join a team, I'm always kicked after a few time.

after mouse-movement?
I tried with and without mouse movement, in spec and in a team, and in all 4 scenarios I get kicked. I get kicked a bit faster when I am in a team or moving, I have noticed.

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:32 am

I may have missed it, but I haven't seen anyone suggest going to your C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\pb folder and launching pbweb.exe.

That's what I do if I EVER get any PB errors and it always fixes them.

-999-
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member
Location: Strangled, pounced, boomed, hit with concrete and somehow on fire with pipe bomb under me

Post by -999- » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:26 am

There's no new update like Zeus said, but it's never a bad idea to run pbsetup as they don't always publish them on the site before pushing them. It's not just a driver that causes this, could be rootkits, certain trojans, and a large number of everyday programs. With so many getting it I'm wondering if either a) it's a program you're all running in the background; xfire, crap like that, or b) there's been a generic driver or win update that's causing it.

besz

Post by besz » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:57 am

Ok, someone on that other forum I had originally linked to suggested uninstalling Comodo Firewall/Antivirus did the trick for them.

I am using the latest Comodo Internet Security. How about all of you who are having the same issue? I'll uninstall it and see if that works, though I have tried disabling and turning off Comodo completely before running ET too & it still kicked.

besz

Post by besz » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:16 pm

Ok, update: it works!

I removed Comodo BoClean & it allowed me to play for 3 minutes or so [compared to a 60-second kick before].

I uninstalled Comodo internet security [firewall/antivirus], restarted & now it works. Have been playing for round 12 minutes and no kick.

Solution for me: Uninstall Comodo products. [I wonder if it's because of recent Comodo updates].

pbd

Post by pbd » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:01 pm

The problem is between latest version of comodo firewall and RTCW:ET

I removed comodo FW and installed previous version, and now I can play ET again without any problem.

The latest version of comodo FW correct only minor bugs on vista 64, and I use Xp 32, so I have lost nothing.

AcidStorm
BBA Wannabe
BBA Wannabe

Post by AcidStorm » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:59 pm

:doh: Probably catch u guys in the Summer in time for the new Wolf..because I can't connect without getting kicked..
(Gonna be playin on a more stable shooter game temporarily.)

I don't have comodo firewall and tbh I think it's crap that punkbuster kicks
for using a program like that anyway.

Evenbalance in my eyes is an incompetent company and the way they close any contact with the public just frustrates me even more.

I'm no programmer wizz but I do know that evenbalance is
a dumbass group that should be replaced by a company that
knows what they are doing. Plain fed up of stuff like this.

Anyhow..Hope I c u all in the future sometime ..lates :wtg: