Reinstalled ET, cant logon to BBA1 or BBA2 now :(

Game Questions and Help / Errors and Game Issues
Acroyear-X

Reinstalled ET, cant logon to BBA1 or BBA2 now :(

Post by Acroyear-X » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:57 pm

Was having some framerate and choppiness issues lately, and it was really affecting my game, so I decided to do a complete reinstall today.

So I did a full reinstall, and also installed the ETW2.60b update.

Now when I try to connect to BBA1 or BBA2 is gives me the following error:

"Couldnt load an official pak file; verify your installation and make sure it has been updated to the latest version."

The last time I reinstalled ET, it downloaded jmod, a few BBA files, and some maps from your server, but this time I just get the error.

Any ideas?

-999-
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member
Location: Strangled, pounced, boomed, hit with concrete and somehow on fire with pipe bomb under me

Post by -999- » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:04 pm

You missed the 2.60 patch, or if using a 2.60 installer, it's corrupted. You have to go base et (2.56) > 2.60 > copy 2.60b binaries over.

Acroyear-X

Post by Acroyear-X » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:18 pm

Thanks, that worked! :) And thank-you for the speedy reply. BBA rocks!

scottyP

Post by scottyP » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:57 am

Ok I am having the same prob. However I don't understand what this fix was. Can you explain it a little better for me?
Scotty. P (Sgt.Scott)

ChairmanMao

Post by ChairmanMao » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:25 am

scottyP wrote:Ok I am having the same prob. However I don't understand what this fix was. Can you explain it a little better for me?
Basically, when you install ET, you need to first install the big 250MB original installer. Then you need to install the 2.60 update. Then you need to install the 2.60b update.

The links below might not be the best place to download from, but they show what you need to download and install. So, first download and install the 2.60 update:

http://downloads.gamezone.com/demos/d12274.htm

Then download and install the 2.60b update:

http://games.softpedia.com/get/Patch/Wo ... atch.shtml

Then reload ET, type /connect bba1.badassservers.net into the console and hit enter and GET FRAGGING!