Advanced scripting/configs

Name says it all.
ChairmanMao

Advanced scripting/configs

Post by ChairmanMao » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:42 pm

Hey there.

I was just wondering, is it possible to have a script/cfg that puts a warning message on your screen when your ammo and/or health is getting low?

I know I can just look at the HUD, but too often I am mid-firefight and just dont have the time. But if a message popped up in my HUD warning me, I might not rush in and instead fallback to reload, health up and live to fight another round.

Is this possible?

cg_gibs

Post by cg_gibs » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:08 pm

I actually am not sure about this one, I'm real good at making configs but tbh I think you can only do that when there is a certain mod implimented. I could look up on it for you though if you'd like. :wtg:

KrispyKritter
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by KrispyKritter » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:07 pm

Crosshair health warning can be set on in options.
KrispyKritter aka Chatty (glitchy finger) Charlie
Image(pcB)

ChairmanMao

Post by ChairmanMao » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:56 pm

The problem with the health warning via the cross hair is that it changes colour over time, and sometimes is pretty hard to see if you are just using a point like me.

gibs, yeah, if you can look into it, that'd be great.

cg_gibs

Post by cg_gibs » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:44 pm

I looked up on a few sites but there's nothing about ammo/health notifications. The only thing I can think of is the crosshair option and if you really want to get into detail, I'm sure you could find a way in the server config and add a script that will show a banner across your screen when you get low on ammo/health ... but I'm sure Zeus doesn't want to get into that lol.

SierraMist

Post by SierraMist » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:43 pm

would take up some extra bandwidth for the server... so not good would lag more lol :lol:

cg_gibs

Post by cg_gibs » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:59 pm

lol Yeah, let's try and steer away from that lol xD

Zeus
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by Zeus » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:03 am

SierraMist wrote:would take up some extra bandwidth for the server... so not good would lag more lol :lol:
We use usually no more than 25% of our resources on our servers so lag is never an issue server side. The lag whiners are usually seeing their system or network bottom out. :doh:

I have no intentions on running any additional scripts for oddball stuff, but what your describing I believe can be done clientside, but cant comment on what would be involved.

ChairmanMao

Post by ChairmanMao » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:22 am

It makes sense that it would work clientside. I was wondering if there was some kind of value for health, and for ammo, that a script could hook into: like r_healthvalue ;). It would then be a simple matter of setting up a script that types a message on screen when that value gets below a certain value. But since that requires to script to be constantly running and passing a value and reading it, I doun't know if a script can run like that......

Maybe I should just learn to use my HUD more! Anyway, thanks for the answers.

SierraMist

Post by SierraMist » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:21 am

from playing halo alot with my buddies... i can tell when im about to die so i have no problem with the HUD lol :lol:

having said health notification... how can it run client side if theres pure check on?... :help:

dickcheneyhunting
BBA Wannabe
BBA Wannabe

Re: Advanced scripting/configs

Post by dickcheneyhunting » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:21 pm

ChairmanMao wrote:Hey there.

I was just wondering, is it possible to have a script/cfg that puts a warning message on your screen when your ammo and/or health is getting low?

I know I can just look at the HUD, but too often I am mid-firefight and just dont have the time. But if a message popped up in my HUD warning me, I might not rush in and instead fallback to reload, health up and live to fight another round.

Is this possible?
Let me know if you got something working Mao, I got the same problem I always tend to end up doing a reload right when the enemy spawns. :wall:

ChairmanMao

Post by ChairmanMao » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:41 pm

lol, me two DCH. I think the answer is we just got to practice more and take more note of our HUD. At the end of the day, the info is there, we are just being lazy.

AcidStorm
BBA Wannabe
BBA Wannabe

Post by AcidStorm » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:56 pm

:hic: If your low on ammo dont forget the needle..

and dont forget to scare them to death if all else fails :wtg:

dickcheneyhunting
BBA Wannabe
BBA Wannabe

Post by dickcheneyhunting » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:05 pm

ChairmanMao wrote:lol, me two DCH. I think the answer is we just got to practice more and take more note of our HUD. At the end of the day, the info is there, we are just being lazy.
lol whats an HUD Mao? :chin: Also, Acid I am too clusmy to have a needle with poison in my hand, and who is going to be afraid of a turtle with flamer. :roll:

cg_gibs

Post by cg_gibs » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:45 pm

Zeus wrote: We use usually no more than 25% of our resources on our servers so lag is never an issue server side. The lag whiners are usually seeing their system or network bottom out. :doh:

I have no intentions on running any additional scripts for oddball stuff, but what your describing I believe can be done clientside, but cant comment on what would be involved.
Yeah lol and I didn't know if it would be too much trouble to go into that just for a setting like that, I just threw it out there as an idea of what might be able to be done. As for my experience, I've never seen anything like that before unless it was because of the mod. :roll: