Try to remember that first time...

Anything You want to talk about NOT ET related. Drop in and say Hi.
imjustazn14

Try to remember that first time...

Post by imjustazn14 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:17 pm

Just out of nowhere, I have thought of something for me to ask.

Try to remember that first time that you started playing in one of the BBA divisions (W:ET, ETQW, or L4D).

Now my question is to you is: (anyone can answer this)

*How did you start playing on one of the BBA division servers?*

So this my answer to my own question:

Started playing around 2009 in W:ET. When I was gonna select a server, I chose the one that had a pretty (as in the color, that crap, lol) name in it. (It's that "Don't judge a book by it's cover." idea, but I did the oppoiste. LOL)
So this is basically the first server I played on W:ET. I played others, but didn't get a good feel in the other servers.

So what about you?[/b]

ferapont
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by ferapont » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:42 pm

I filtered my server search for lowest ping then with the most non-bot players; BBA was at the top of the list. I stayed because there wasn't any annoying vsays, most of the players were competitive, and Evis and Krispy were nice to me.

Mutt
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Mutt » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:55 pm

Simple really. I was born and raised in upstate New York... twenty years and many moves later, New York is still home. One night on a whim, I fired up ET after not playing for years. I saw the 'Buffalo' in the server name, and thought it seemed like a good a server as any to try.

What kept me here is the people and the admins. While playing, lots of the players and BBA were cutting up, cracking jokes, and having a grand old time. Nobody was uptight, everyone was there to have fun... the game was only part of it. Then some d-bag started acting like a pain in the neck, and one of the admins (DH?) would have none of it. He smacked the miscreant around and ran him off the server... and within minutes we were all back to cutting up and having fun.

I'd never had any interest in joining a gaming clan before, because I'm much more of a casual, hanging/chilling out kinda gamer. When Helmet approached me to join BBA, I was concerned that there would be expectations of the clan to be part of scrims and other heavily competitive activities... but he assured me that's not how BBA rolled. After thinking about it a little bit, I realized I was among a bunch of folks just like me. I liked the idea of being a BBA, so I dropped off an app. The rest, as they say, is history.

Zeus
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by Zeus » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:59 pm

Great topic, very interested in hearing some more stories. :wtg:

Geek_Geoff
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Geek_Geoff » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:05 am

I started playing BBA because:

1. After playing on and trying many other servers, the atmosphere was most welcoming on BBA. Plus, I sucked at playing (and still do suck), but that didn't matter at BBA.

2. BBA was (and still is) most fair.

3. It was an American operated server (not that foreign servers are bad or worse, but nothing is like a good 'ol American server).
Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction. - J.F.K.

bibizz944x
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by bibizz944x » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:54 pm

I started playing ET in 2007,my roomate was BBA (FilouFelin)so it was easy to choose one good server to play :lol:
I played my first game here at BBA and never played elsewhere since that day :wtg:
I started to play on server #2 and when i became better i started on server #1.
Now it's been a long time since i played a little game,about a year...
but when i reply on such a topic,it's giving me a boost to restart playing :wtg:
IF YOU'RE NOT BEHIND OUR TROOPS,PLZ FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM.

Sissyboy
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Sissyboy » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:59 am

The ETQW BBA mod is what grabbed me.

(Awesome work on that BTW!)

The fact that BBA keeps asshats (Term I learned from Zeus ;) ) Also kept me hanging around.

And the invitation to apply from Zeus didn't hurt either!
Especially after I got tangled up with a clan of kids who kept spamming me until I joined their clan.
And then they got their whole clan banned.
Thanks for the second chance bossman!!

Long live BBA!
Will Ban for Stroyent.

Trex
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by Trex » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:26 pm

I started playing et and would change from server to server choosing servers by ping and number of players. This was around 2004 by my best guess. Lol
Anyway I quickly notice gameplay differences between the servers (lag.) One day I hopped in BBA and liked the gameplay. The admins were fair and the commiunity was good. So basically I started playing only BBA. Not too long afterwards I was invited to become a member of the clan by Grunt. I was honored. I joined and night after night many members would stay up and play on teamspeak until the wee hours of the morning. (Zeus, Dax, Grunt, Digger, Simtec and many more that are no longer with us.

To me BBA has been more than a game it is family.

dax
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by dax » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:05 pm

WOW...

When i started playing, it was just Zeus... and... well...

it wasn't the people back then **** Chuckles****

Just Kiddin Zeus...

Server had great physics and altered cvars from other servers. It just had a much more enjoyable play style to it, with being able to throw med packs further, more packs, jump higher... little things. I made it my home for many years playing ET and making friends while enjoying the game.

bloodbane
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by bloodbane » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:24 pm

Way way back when ET first started Bohack and I had our own server. We had a good bit of traffic and quite a following but it became too much for us to upkeep and we both lost interest in the game. This was back it was ETmain and no mods at all :eek:

I remember picking the game back up and finding BBA2 almost immediately. My earliest memories were of playing with all the Young Guns on BBA2. Boy oh boy those kids could play. I am not sure how many of them still play but I think at least 2 or 3 do. Be neat to have a few of them pop into this thread.

I remember having riot on TS some nights with Zeus, Grunt, Dax, etc, etc. You haven't lived to you've heard Gruntie sing. :lmao:

Digger
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Digger » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:23 am

Came to this after playing Rogue Spear for a couple years and one of the guys that I played with regularly found ET. Talked me into downloading it and got addicted by the game play. Found BBA as one of the lowest ping, nicest people type servers so kept coming back regularly. Grunt asked me if I was interested in joining the clan...the rest is history. Haven't played on another server since...

septime
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by septime » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:37 pm

In 2006, one of my friends introduced me to ET and, as a frenchman, I started playing on european servers.

But I was a little bit disappointed.

Ping is one thing, but to have fun is more important. So I tried different US servers and found BBA. I enjoyed both servers because the atmosphere was great : nice community, friendly people, fair... Plus, you had such a vast choice of maps, altered cvars...

For me, BBA was definitely the best place. Then I have been recruited. I made many friends, played great games and had A LOT OF FUN.

And guess what : I still have fun and now I live in Canada, so my ping is even better. :lmao:

GrUnt
Clan Member
Clan Member

How the GrUnt came to BBA.

Post by GrUnt » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:32 pm

I went to vist family for dinner at their house and he just started playing ET on BBA Servers. It was in Jan about 7 yrs ago. The first week I was kicked from BBA because I did not know the map. The map was Fuel dump and inside the cave where the tank goes thru I was hidding waiting for axis to run by. I did not know the rest of the map existed cause I was to busy hidding. LOL I played under Tommy Gun then then I got kicked by an unknowm admin. I went back on the next night followed Dax, and others Clan members to learn the maps. Of course they did not really know I was following them..lol By March I put in an app under the name New GrUnt within a month or two I contaced Zeus and asked if I could have The GrUnt as my name. Without a problem Uncle GrUnty was born.

Since I was accepted into BBA Zeus and I have become Great friends outside of BBA. I made alot of Great Friends the clan members the best of the best as people and gammers. We as BBA went thru alot and the ones still here from 4 plus years and up seen some of the things we went thru. When Zeus asked if I would like to start finding players and see if they would want to fill out an app ... Continue on Pg Two

GrUnt
Clan Member
Clan Member

How the GrUnt came to BBA. pg 2

Post by GrUnt » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:42 pm

Right off the bat I knew two players that I had in mind. Digger and Trex both guys I spoke to all the time and not only great people but they are dam good too. I have to say they have been loyal to BBA for about 6 yrs and countiing. Thanks guys. There are nembers that just came aboard and guys that are also counting up the years as BBA members. You are also Great People and bring alot to what we are doing as BBA Members.

I also banned myself once then turned around and banned myself and trex . I been locked out of my house for playing ET on BBA servers and got caugt comming on the server saying Hello Gents and a screen shot was taken and my guy was standing and the pants command was issued and the Hello Gents was born. Right Digs...lol

While in the Clan I became a singer ,,, LOL Hit Songs " First Time I see her " Santa You Screwed Me again - no gifts under my tree " and may more. Thank you my friends for many great years and more to come.

GrUnt
Clan Member
Clan Member

How the GrUnt came to BBA. pg 3

Post by GrUnt » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:54 pm

One more thing can't for get Rino and Blood they were also guys I knew I had to go after. Great peeps as all of your are as well. :hail: :wtg:

I also want to give a shout out to Dax who help me become a better admin. Just a simple thing that we all forget somtiems - Treat people how you would like to be treated on the server.

Most of all I want to thank Zeus for his friendship no matter what.

Thank you and look forward in 2012 to see my friends online and kicking butt. Just go Easy on Uncle GrUnty - I still can't get that moving let to right down yet :shrug: :wall:

Thanks My friends,
Tommy aka GrUnt