My new build

Need help? Or just want to chat about your rig.
Digger
Clan Member
Clan Member

My new build

Post by Digger » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:29 pm

Just got it put together late last night so I'm still getting a lot of stuff set up...

Case: Corsair C70 Military Green (think ammo box! It's awesome!) Best case I've worked with bar none.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GAZ87X-HD3
CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k Haswell 3.4ghz quad core
Memory: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
GPU: MSI NVidia Geforce GTX 760 2GB
SSD: Corsair Neutron 120GB
HD: Seagate 1TB
PSupply: Corsair RM650 Gold
Added an Aerocool Shark 120mm case fan with Green LEDs...looks great with the case.
Loaded Windows 8.1...what the hell is this crap! Uhhggg...don't like it so far.
Although I can shut down and restart in less than 30 seconds now which is cool... :wtg:

Blaster22

Post by Blaster22 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:08 pm

Windows 8.1 is not bad overall, honestly. I installed a program that adds the old start menu back, and it works well!

Digger
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Digger » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:53 pm

Yeah, I'm sure it will be fine once I get used to it but right now it seems messed up and difficult to find things where before I knew right where they were at.

mono
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by mono » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:14 pm

It was announced a couple days ago that they will bring the start menu back in an update scheduled later this year.

Funny how pleasant a nice case makes the building process. I like the looks of that case. I may have to go for something like that with my next one.

Digger
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Digger » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:06 am

mono wrote:It was announced a couple days ago that they will bring the start menu back in an update scheduled later this year.

Funny how pleasant a nice case makes the building process. I like the looks of that case. I may have to go for something like that with my next one.
Yeah, I had something different (cheaper) picked out at first, but the more I read reviews and the more I looked at it, the more I liked it. You get what you pay for sometimes!

Him-Again
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Him-Again » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:59 am

Thats a nice rig Digger
Windows 8 does suck :wall:
Isn't the SSD hard drive awesome. Start up in 30sec's :wtg:
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS

Blaster22

Post by Blaster22 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:07 pm

I bought an app for like $3 that added the start menu back into windows 8.1. So now it looks and feels like 7 did.

mono
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by mono » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:49 pm

Digger wrote: Yeah, I had something different (cheaper) picked out at first, but the more I read reviews and the more I looked at it, the more I liked it. You get what you pay for sometimes!
The last time I used a cheap case I wound up with several sheet metal slices to my hands that resulted in blood all over the inside of the case. I think I was building that one for my grandparents. Never again.

BAYMAN
Clan Member
Clan Member

Re: My new build

Post by BAYMAN » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:27 am

Digger wrote:Just got it put together late last night so I'm still getting a lot of stuff set up...

Case: Corsair C70 Military Green (think ammo box! It's awesome!) Best case I've worked with bar none.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GAZ87X-HD3
CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k Haswell 3.4ghz quad core
Memory: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
GPU: MSI NVidia Geforce GTX 760 2GB
SSD: Corsair Neutron 120GB
HD: Seagate 1TB
PSupply: Corsair RM650 Gold
Added an Aerocool Shark 120mm case fan with Green LEDs...looks great with the case.
Loaded Windows 8.1...what the hell is this crap! Uhhggg...don't like it so far.
Although I can shut down and restart in less than 30 seconds now which is cool... :wtg:
Nice setup Diggs no wonder u kick my butt brother

AvesLoger

My new build

Post by AvesLoger » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:16 am

What would it cost to build a top of the line desktop computer with the best parts possible?

I bought a Lenovo computer and the power supply was loud. Dell machine and the fan is loud. Time to do things myself.

Is there a store online that will do this?

bloodbane
Clan Member
Clan Member

Re: My new build

Post by bloodbane » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:18 am

Check out this guide from Tom's Hardware. I think that would be a good place to start :yeah:

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/be ... ,4390.html