Windows 7 problem

Need help? Or just want to chat about your rig.
Him-Again
Clan Member
Clan Member

Windows 7 problem

Post by Him-Again » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:30 am

I have searched through goggle and some tech sites but i can't find a fix for this problem, So i am hoping someone here can help me out :help:

The problem is with my libraies folder & origin pop up
When i click on my libraies folder down on the bottom task bar. it looks like it fails to open
but when you put your mouse icon over it.it shows it as open and if you click on it again the folder shoots from the lower task bar across my screen to the right and its gone
if you then click on it again,it comes out of the right hand side of the screen and goes back to the lower task bar but still stays shut. Origin does the same thing.

This has been going on for a few months now.I useally crack the shits with it after a week and do a system restore and that fixes it for a week or so.
Has anyone got any ideas to fix this :shrug:
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS

ferapont
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by ferapont » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:52 am

i have absolutely no clue but my first thought was that your computer thinks you have two monitors and it opens up the folder on the ghost monitor.

KrispyKritter
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by KrispyKritter » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:58 am

Good idea, Fera!

I've had some funky-diddle times hooking an external monitor to my laptop as the system forgets some settings from time to time.

I am wondering if you somehow keep getting some 'virtual desktop' program installed by something-or-other?

Here is one link to a review of Windows own virtual desktop:
http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/window ... s-team/791

Some of the features sound like your problem, and another site I visited says the taskbar only shows on the #1 desktop, that the program should have a little 4-box icon on the taskbar, that you can switch from one screen to another using alt+ number keys (alt-1,2,3,4) and that each screen has it's own copy of Explorer running.

You could invoke Task Manager and see if more than one copy of Explorer is running.

That Virtual Desktop is only one of a number of programs out there.

You can also open Display Settings and see if the system thinks you have more than one monitor. This computer, using Vista64, does remember that I have had two monitors connected even if one is not powered.
KrispyKritter aka Chatty (glitchy finger) Charlie
Image(pcB)

Him-Again
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Him-Again » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:31 am

ferapont wrote:i have absolutely no clue but my first thought was that your computer thinks you have two monitors and it opens up the folder on the ghost monitor.
Thanks Ferapont & Krispy ,that was it
For whatever reason it thought i had 2 monitors
I have never had 2 monitors so dont no why it changed.
It had something to do with my graphics card as that was the name for the other monitor ?
So again thanks guys :wtg:
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS

ferapont
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by ferapont » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:16 pm

see, stabbing in the dark works!

glad you got if fixed!