Internet Connection Issues

Need help? Or just want to chat about your rig.
Aces

Internet Connection Issues

Post by Aces » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:14 pm

I just installed the latest Windows Update (Windows 7 Security Update KB2286198). After installation and reboot, my wired internet connection does not work. I am sending packets, but not receiving any. The wireless works fine, but I share the wireless with roommates, and like to use the wired connection for fragging on BBA.

I tried uninstalling the update but then the wireless would not work either. I reinstalled the update and now I have wireless again, but wired still does not work.

Anyone know what I can do? Thanks.

KrispyKritter
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by KrispyKritter » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:23 pm

You're not alone. Here is a link to the Microsoft Help forums:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/For ... 76fa3b4ef6

where users complain of a number of problems, from Hangs-on-restart to BSODs, starting on 8/2/10.

I suggest you read the whole thread before deciding what to try. And backup first.
=================

...I am trying to run Windows Update to get that update for my WinXPpro, but Update keeps claiming that it needs an Internet Connection, which I obviously have right now. (Firefox) :lmao:

**added** update is not affecting my winXPproSP3.

I had to start the firewall icon, goto auto-updates and click on the update link. THEN the start-help&support-Update would connect to Internet.
KrispyKritter aka Chatty (glitchy finger) Charlie
Image(pcB)

Aces

Post by Aces » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:03 am

Quick update: I tested it periodically throughout the day, and it did not work. However, just now I decided to try it one more time and the wired connection works fine!

Weird. Thanks for the help. I'll see how it is tomorrow.