A Simple CMS

Need help? Or just want to chat about your rig.
ChairmanMao

A Simple CMS

Post by ChairmanMao » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:00 am

Hi

I think I might have asked a question like this already, but hey, as we always have new members it is always good to ask again.

My company want to revamp their website and I am keen on them using a CMS to do so (Content Management System).

Personally I only have experience with Wordpress, which is basically a blogging platform. We dont need or want to write blogs, we want a marketing site that containts info about what we do and contact details etc.

I have come across a CMS called Concrete5 that seems aimed towards what I need http://www.concrete5.org

I was wondering if anyone has any other experience with other CMS and what they think of them?

I know of Drupal, Joomla, Mambo, but they all seem to focussed on creating community sites with logins, forums etc which we dont need. We obviously will also need to make our own theme, but we will need outside help with this as we cant code.

-999-
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member
Location: Strangled, pounced, boomed, hit with concrete and somehow on fire with pipe bomb under me

Post by -999- » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:55 pm

May also want to look at krang. Few of the sites it's currently running on are Pretty much all Primedia's sites
You have to makes sure that any addons that you need for a particular cms are either available or your company is willing to code internally/contract out.