Help! PC Brightness

Need help? Or just want to chat about your rig.
Hammer137

Help! PC Brightness

Post by Hammer137 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:20 pm

Ok, here is the deal, my monitor brightness is at 100% as is the contrast. But yet everything is quite dark on my computer. Is there a program or tuner that is avail that i can brighten things up or what is my solution? Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance :)

surfgeko

Post by surfgeko » Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:29 pm

is this a new problem, are you using a new moniter, video card? are you playing in a room with a lot of light?

-999-
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member
Location: Strangled, pounced, boomed, hit with concrete and somehow on fire with pipe bomb under me

Post by -999- » Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:44 pm

You could use something like rivatuner, or one of about 100 different tweak programs. You can also use quickgamma, which I threw in the downloads a while back. Not it's original purpose but it should work for ya.
http://www.bbaservers.com/modules.php?n ... uick_Gamma
Assuming you're using a crt? If so and it's really dark it may be on it's way out. If lcd, the backlight's probably dieing.

Megaborg
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by Megaborg » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:02 am

Try checking your video card settings i know mine allows setting the monitor, but they also allow brightness and gamma correction among other things.

Hammer137

Post by Hammer137 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:46 pm

yes i am using a crt. bit the rivatuner rescued me. thanks for all the help geko, jason & megaborg :) now i will be able to see you when you kill me :P

surfgeko

Post by surfgeko » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:47 pm

lol, np, glad to help (though all i did was ask questions!) :shrug: