What is my PC worth?

Need help? Or just want to chat about your rig.
Hammer137

What is my PC worth?

Post by Hammer137 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:47 pm

Hey guys, I was just wondering what my pc is worth as far as resale value. I enjoy trying different setups and such so I was thinking of selling my PC and trying a new rig. Heres the specs...

AMD Athlon X2 3800+
ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe
2x 512MB 667mhz Dual Channel RAM
320GB Maxtor SATA 16 MB buffer
16X Lite-On DVD RW
EVGA Geforce 7900 GS
Enermax 620W Modular SLI Cert. PSU
No OS

I paid approx $1200 CAD for all the parts.
Thanks, HAMMER

filoufelin
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by filoufelin » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:11 pm

im not so good with price :chin: so,what i usally do is,figure out how much i want 2 spend(or what rig i really want :wtg: ) and then figure out how much im missing :cry:
and theyre u go, a fair price 4 me and 4 the buyer who usally dont even know what is buying except that it a real good 1 :lmao:

Zeus
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by Zeus » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:31 pm

Computers are worse than cars for resale and depreciation. What you get for it is going to be a fraction of what you paid for it all.
I have yet to sell a complete system just for that reason, i usually strip out what will work ( at least temporarily ) in the new system and then keep or sell/trade off other parts on computer forums i frequent.

One piece of advice i will give you though no matter what you decide is, dont include that HD, they are cheap enough today that it wont make or break any deal and there is too much personal information on them and even formatted it can easily be retrieved.
Last edited by Zeus on Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hammer137

Post by Hammer137 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:33 pm

Thanks for that info dave, I'll keep that in mind. And yeah, I just noticed that the processor i paid $200 for 6 mos ago is now under 100 bucks. What a rip lol. Looks like she is gonna be a keeper.