The Walking Dead - Series AMC - SPOILERS INCLUDED

Seen a good movie lately? Or even a real crappy one? TV shows you love? Music
Zeus
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

The Walking Dead - Series AMC - SPOILERS INCLUDED

Post by Zeus » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:37 pm

Started its own thread because the other one was already way all over the place. :eew:

Pretty decent premiere IMO. Will see if they can keep it going for a whole season though. :chin:

*meant to close other thread, not whack it, sorry for those who posted useful info in it. :wall:

Make sure you have watched the latest episode as some posts include spoilers.
Last edited by Zeus on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zeus
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by Zeus » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:32 pm

Huge ratings and viewers for first episode.

http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/11/01/the-w ... tings-amc/

septime
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by septime » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:02 pm

Quick question for the experts :

First episode yesterday, right ?

But I had already watched it like 10 days ago. :huh:

A kind of "pre-air" I guess ?

Anyway, I liked it. :wtg:

Digger
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Digger » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:04 pm

I thought it was a decent premiere. Good makeup/effects for a series, characters were likable. I appreciate that the main character showed some compassion towards the unfortunates who ended up as zombies. I wish there was a little more explanation about what caused everyone to end up like this, but I'm assuming they'll get more in depth as the series goes on. I'll definitely keep watching. Overall I'd give it a 7 out of 10 rating.... :wtg:

Zeus
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by Zeus » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:30 am

septime wrote:Quick question for the experts :

First episode yesterday, right ?

But I had already watched it like 10 days ago. :huh:

A kind of "pre-air" I guess ?

Anyway, I liked it. :wtg:
Gotta love the internet, always leaks and "early" releases. :wink:

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:20 pm

I was just popping in to start such a thread myself before I finally get around to seeing the premier in about 90 mins. Whoop!

NoucFeanor
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by NoucFeanor » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:29 pm

Pretty good Ep 2, lotta Zombie action! I'm Jonesing to see someone get bit and turn.

RALFHGDGRR.... !moan

Digger
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Digger » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:22 am

Pretty risky slathering yourself in undead blood. He takes off the glove to get the key out of his pocket and gets blood on his hand...one small cut and..... :eew:

Zeus
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by Zeus » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:00 pm

Still pretty decent, only 3 episodes left.........guess they weren't figuring it would make it?

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:43 pm

WHAT??? Series finale already??? ^%@#%^$#@!!!!!

This show has hit me like LOST did. I crave it like a geek craves your butt exploding in its stench-ridden maw!

And with me reading all the Resident Evil books currently, it goes nicely with that.

*SPOLIERS* (from the last episode)

I haven't learned anyone's name yet for some reason, except for Rick, the main guy. And Merle. But wow, did the hole-digging guy really choose to die on the side of the road only to rise again to stumble around Fatback County or wherever hungry for human flesh? Many things on this show have been horked from other zombie efforts, but I don't recall ever running into someone NOT taking that offered gun to avoid turning.

Digger
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Digger » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:11 pm

OhMyHead wrote:WHAT??? Series finale already??? ^%@#%^$#@!!!!!

This show has hit me like LOST did. I crave it like a geek craves your butt exploding in its stench-ridden maw!

And with me reading all the Resident Evil books currently, it goes nicely with that.

*SPOLIERS* (from the last episode)

I haven't learned anyone's name yet for some reason, except for Rick, the main guy. And Merle. But wow, did the hole-digging guy really choose to die on the side of the road only to rise again to stumble around Fatback County or wherever hungry for human flesh? Many things on this show have been horked from other zombie efforts, but I don't recall ever running into someone NOT taking that offered gun to avoid turning.
My guess is he's gonna turn into a "walker" and find his way on the show later on by chewing on one of the main characters, ironically one of the guys who wanted to kill him when they had the chance.... :shrug:

Zeus
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by Zeus » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:59 pm

Good news at least though.

The debut episode of The Walking Dead was the highest-rated broadcast in AMC’s history, with 5.3 million viewers taking in the opening salvo of Frank Darabont‘s vision of life in America after a zombie apocalypse. The second episode was broadcast last night to excellent numbers: 4.7 million people saw one of Michael Rooker’s less pleasant roles and a stomach-churning use for churned zombie stomachs.

In response to the domestic and foreign success of the show, AMC has gleefully greenlit a second season that will run thirteen episodes.

That announcement should automatically lead to questions about what we might see. As of now, there is no officially released plan for the content of season two.

Digger
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Digger » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:16 pm

Zeus wrote:Good news at least though.

The debut episode of The Walking Dead was the highest-rated broadcast in AMC’s history, with 5.3 million viewers taking in the opening salvo of Frank Darabont‘s vision of life in America after a zombie apocalypse. The second episode was broadcast last night to excellent numbers: 4.7 million people saw one of Michael Rooker’s less pleasant roles and a stomach-churning use for churned zombie stomachs.

In response to the domestic and foreign success of the show, AMC has gleefully greenlit a second season that will run thirteen episodes.

That announcement should automatically lead to questions about what we might see. As of now, there is no officially released plan for the content of season two.

Excellent! :wtg:

Digger
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Digger » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:51 am

Thought I'd throw this back to the top...anyone watching this season's episodes? Got juicy last night with some of our favorite characters saying goodbye and a new character being introduced. Loving the season so far although I'm getting bored with the "Governer" already. Hope he gets zombified and then splatted...

Zeus
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by Zeus » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:26 pm

Hey Digs, forgot about this thread, thanks for reviving it. :wtg:

I still watch this show regularly, in fact, probably only one I bother to make sure I am around when it airs.

Last nights show was pretty dam good, compared to last weeks snoozer focusing on introducing us to the governor idiot.

Hated to see T Dog, go, Lori.....meh, was wishing her dead for quite awhile now but I guess still was bitter sweet now that it happened.

Hopefully Merle gets sick of that tard governor and smokes his ass. :camper: