Lal Meri / Rosey / The Law (OMH's sister)

Seen a good movie lately? Or even a real crappy one? TV shows you love? Music
OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Lal Meri / Rosey / The Law (OMH's sister)

Post by OhMyHead » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:42 pm

Sorry for the last minute, but if anyone wants to see my sister's band Lal Meri (http://www.lalmeri.com) play live online, they are scheduled to start in 20 minutes.

http://www.videoranch3d.com/calendar.php

There's a free registration and a software install to do, so I'd understand if you don't want to bother. But if you do, see you out there in virtual concert world in a few minutes!

A link to instructions for attending the event are below the calendar.
Last edited by OhMyHead on Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:22 pm

Well that was just weird! And kinda cool. A cirtual ampitheater with people's avatars dancing and floating around with my sis up on stage I guess in front of a green screen. She could see us in front as she waved at me and said, "What's up, ohmyhead!" :lol: Our mother was out there, too. She didn't realize what avatar she had chosen for herself and I found her in the crowd standing there with enormous BOOBS! :lmao:

In chat, I asked her when she had gotten implants. FOr the next five minutes, her avatar changed from one to the other. Fun!

And the band sounded GREAT.

TheDecipher
BBA ShouldBe
BBA ShouldBe

Post by TheDecipher » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:23 am

Nice! Your sister's voice is really nice and melodious OMH!

!die all

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:42 am

Thanks for saying so. :) Here's a page I put together of screenies I took of this totally bizarre event. The avatar in the first shot is our mom. I made fun of her giant boobs. :lol:

TheDecipher
BBA ShouldBe
BBA ShouldBe

Post by TheDecipher » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:01 am

jeez omh........ ur not into that second world thing i hope..... :D...... i hear its addicting........ :)btw nice editing.... :D

!D

!die all

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:24 am

Second world? Like virtual stuff? Sims? Nah. It's too Atari looking. Some day the venues will be amazing and then all big concerts will be broadcast like this so everyone in the world can attend a single show. I hope I live to see it...on my MASSIVE zillion dollar entertainment center I should have by then.

As for editing, I didn't add anything to those pics. All that mess was going on while the band played. Those are straight screenshots.

TheDecipher
BBA ShouldBe
BBA ShouldBe

Post by TheDecipher » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:15 am

OH so it was broadcast on second world.... I heard about that somewhere.......... Technology :O

!D

!die all

Zeus
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by Zeus » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:48 am

Thats pretty wild tech there OMH, even better that your sister and the band were real, if they were avatars would have been gay...IMO.

Your moms boobs....... :lmao:

Who invited all the flamingos?

Sissyboy
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Sissyboy » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:55 am

My wife an I are going to be in Austin on a business trip next month. Does your sister play there regularly?
Will Ban for Stroyent.

bibizz944x
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by bibizz944x » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:18 pm

Yep she's got a pretty voice, make me think a bit like a mix of Dido and Alanis Morissette , pretty agreable to ear, it make a change for one time , tks for sharing this with us OMH :wtg:

Why rex is hitting Jamie with the karate shot :lol: hope it's not about your mom :eek:

I've downloaded the vr3d programm , installed it but don't have any idea how it works,so i've missed the show,is there anyway to see it back :chin:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:16 pm

Zeus, yeah, I was worried they would be avatars. Whew! Can't wait to see mom next week and ask her why she had a breast reduction. :lol: The flamingos were explained at the end. The MC told her it was Video Ranch's way of doing a standing ovation. The audience goes into the software and changes their avatar to a flamingo. They called it a "mingo mongo" or some such nonsense. Until he said that, I was all, "What the hell are all these birds doing here? And what did I just step in?"

Sissyboy, they are there for SXSW. They usually do shows in Los Angeles, sorry. But I will certainly post any future show dates and such here if y'all want me to.

B, lol! No, those folks are dancing! Some of them even fly around. Weird. As for the software, the show goes on for a few days, so you should be able to get in. You need to register at http://www.videoranch.com/register/. You can then launch the software, log in, and get to the world...or whatever. There's a map if you use your arrow keys to look around. Walk up to it and click on the Blue Horizon Ampitheater. Once there, walk down to the stage. Looks like this lady's up next in a couple of hours. http://www.carolynwonderland.com/

Damn! While looking for (and not finding) a way to see a past show, I found this screenie someone else took. I was so close to the stage I didn't know they had that giant screen above with closeup shots. D'oh!

Here's something from her first solo record as Rosey back in 2003.
[youtube][/youtube]

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:31 am

For those of you that like her voice, here's her entire first CD from 2003. Enjoy!

http://www.myspace.com/rosey/albums/dirty-child-17550

theStar

Post by theStar » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:37 am

Thanks for sharing OMH.

Caroline20
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Caroline20 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:23 pm

Hey OMH. Have to say, your sister is great! I noticed on the lalmeri.com the song similar to the one from "Crash". I was looking for it on amazon but can't find to order.

It would be easy if i got a lyrics.
Repair the Septimer

Digger
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Digger » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:29 pm

Wow, your sister is beautiful and very talented. Her voice reminds me of Fiona Apple a bit, but definitely has her own unique style. Excellent stuff...thank you so much for sharing!

Edit: Just got done listening to the whole Dirty Child album on myspace...I like it!