Seriously???

General ET: Quake Wars Talk
Moosea2

Seriously???

Post by Moosea2 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:49 pm

Restrictions on the percentage of medics allowed on each team???

Let me know if and when this rule is revoked.

THanks for the games- was fun :hail:

Him-Again
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Him-Again » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:18 am

You know how hard we try to keep games even on BBA
For the last week D has been getting smashed most games because Offence has been stacking up with medics. 10-12 players 6-7 medics.
When you have players like seb , power hammer and fox going medic with 4-5 others it makes it almost impossible to kill them off when they travel in a bunch.
I have been asking them all to drop the amount of medics all week or we will have to introduce a rule to limit the amount.
But would anyone listen NO
So i introduce the rule and everyone starts bitching about it.
Things might be different without the xp save mod then for the first 2 rounds it would be only half revives.
Sissy ans I ( more Sissy ) are always changing to defence to even teams out and it sucks to be stuck on D all the time and getting smacked each game.
If either Sissy or i get on offence and find that it is a bit stacked we try not to make an impact on the current objective.
Its a pain in the ass trying to keep everyone happy on the server.
But we try to make it as fair as possible for ALL players good and bad.
You would not believe the amount of complaints we get about those 4 players.
We have to admin for ALL players not just a few good ones.
I am happy to dump that rule if the players want to self regulate the way they play.
But i dont see that happening :shrug:
The server is here for us all to have a bit of fun and a good laugh with some cheeky banter thrown around.
It is not a comp server.If people want to come on and rip through games in 5 mins then i suggest they go play elsewhere because i know i will try my best to keep it the way it has always been since i started playing here.
Simple and fun :wtg:
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS

Moosea2

Post by Moosea2 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:36 am

You would not believe the amount of complaints we get about those 4 players.
Would it not be easier to kick those players??
or to move them?

Him-Again
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Him-Again » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:36 pm

Yes it would be
But as i said, have to make it fair for good and bad players.
Thats why we try not to let them play an the same side.
Since the day we started it, we have not had any trouble or had any complaints about it.
Not that we are keeping an eye on it either.
It wont be a hard and fast rule. I think they had 3 medics with 7 players the other day.
It just was not there best 3 players.
I believe power got asked to change classes the other day so he did not make such a big impact on the game the other day as well.
We are just trying to make it fun for all.
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS

Swatt
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Swatt » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:19 pm

Banning doesn't work, because its not a GUID ban. I'm with Sissy and Him, it doesn't matter if the player is a legit, top tier player or if they are cheating...anyone that can dramatically alter the game experience for all needs be part of the solution, either through player class change or team balancing.

yyyyy_MAV_yyyyy

Post by yyyyy_MAV_yyyyy » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:08 pm

maybe, we must try set the server to vanilla and see whats happen.