Kicked from Quake Wars

General ET: Quake Wars Talk
Sally

Kicked from Quake Wars

Post by Sally » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:21 pm

I was kicked this evening while playing on BBA when I commented about the inappropriate/dirty comments (e.g., "my tool is stiff") being made by players. One player commented that we should kick her. I was kicked from the server a few seconds later.

Sadly I contributed to this server because I enjoyed playing and thought folks here we of a higher caliber, but I can see I was mistaken.

Time for me to move on... You've lost a loyal patron/player.

-Sally
Last edited by Sally on Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Swatt
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Swatt » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:08 pm

Hi Sally,
I can't speak to this incident since I've struggled to find the time over the last couple weeks to get on. Although we have no published guidelines, there are only a few times commonly practiced rules the regular admins follow:
  • 1. Sometimes a player is kicked to make room for a clan member, contributor or a regular player
    2. The use of fowl or offensive language
    3. Deliberately joining the team on offense (creating a player advantage), when asked to switch then placed onto the defensive team (advance warning unless a repeat offender is typically given)
    4. The use of Icaruses drops (requesting a vehicle) when the server is populated.
    5. The dropping from Tormentor or Icarus with cells into or near the ship in Quarry.
    6. Being a douche bag, this one is obviously subjective and covers things like deliberate team killing, ridiculous base camping, use of bots or other disruptive play that adversely affects the enjoyment of others playing
I don't know if any of these applied, but in the time we have played together the only rule I think you might of been guilty of is the biasing of the offensive team. In any case the kick is only temporary, do you know who was the admin during the incident in question?

Him-Again
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Him-Again » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:52 am

Ditto to what Swatt has said
Would help if we knew who kicked you ?
As far as i know all admin had left before you came on today.
We enjoy you coming onto our server to play Sally and as you said yourself you play on our server because of the way we run it.
We do try and keep it as clean and fun as possible but we do get some idiots on there but we soon get rid of them.
Some of our regulars have a small amount of admin powers so it might of been one of them.I will try and get to the bottom of it for you.We dont want our regulars getting kicked for no reason i assure you
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS

Sissyboy
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Sissyboy » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:52 pm

Definitely don't leave Sally.
Let us try and sort it out.

We enjoy having you on the server.
And would like to have you continue as one of our regular players.
Will Ban for Stroyent.

Nancyduads

Kicked from Quake Wars

Post by Nancyduads » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:15 pm

Almost bought this from Best Buy today, but I decided that I didnt have enough time this weekend to enjoy it properly, so I bought some music instead because I can enjoy music when Im doing other things that I have to do.