Bluetooth Headphones

General ET: Quake Wars Talk
Swatt
Clan Member
Clan Member

Bluetooth Headphones

Post by Swatt » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:24 pm

So I got tired of pulling the cord out of my computer while flailing around wildly during games...so anyways I bought a Phillips wireless headset with built in mic that works fine in other games and listening to music, but once I load up QW, the sound is fine for about 3 seconds before going flat. It almost sounds like mono, with really low bit rate. If I turn off the headphones while in the game, it defaults back to the desk speakers and sounds normal. As soon as I turn on the headphones and they pair, I have the same 3 seconds where they sound great then go flat. There has to be some auto setting that I need to over ride in the autoexec, but I haven't found anything. Any thoughts?

Him-Again
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Him-Again » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:44 am

Are you changing the settings in game to pick up your new headphone ?
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS

Swatt
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Swatt » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:09 am

No, left the settings as Primary Sound Driver...I tried using other selections in the pull down menu like Bluetooth Headset, but they all sound the same...mono and very low fidelity. I don't know if its the game changing the datastream or if its the bluetooth chip sensing a change and lowing the quality to match the bandwith available. However since Farcry 3 still sounds great ingame, I have to think it is QW.

Him-Again
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Him-Again » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:24 pm

Yeah not sure then. i have a logitech bluetooth head set and it works great ?
But i had to set all 3 drop down settings to the headset to make it work.
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS

Swatt
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Swatt » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:27 pm

this might be an issue with the usb/bluetooth dongle i'm using...i think i have another manufacturer dongle at work...might try that. if it doesn't work, i have (2) new headphones on order with cables :(