Hack and Aimbot users

General ET: Quake Wars Talk
FragMaster

Hack and Aimbot users

Post by FragMaster » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:35 pm

It is clear that some users are using Aimbots on the BBA QW server (Floyd the Champ for sure) and it really makes it unfair and not fun for the rest of us. There are ETQW aimbots for download if you look hard enough, and they are PB proof. Simply spec Floyd the next time you're on the server, it's clear as day that his hack speeds up his movement as well. Just my two cents - and I really can't understand why the Admins allow his presence during gameplay.... NIKUBO

Ken

Sissyboy
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Sissyboy » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:58 pm

Sorry Nikubo. We do our best. It is tough to just say," this guy is hacking." If you have proof, and not just "he cheats" we would take care of the matter immediatley.
We all take great pride in our role at BBA. We pay our dues to keep the server up and running for our players. Money out of our own pockets! So trust me, if he cheats, NO ONE wants him gone more than us.

We enjoy having you on the server, and hope you continue to play there.
Frustrating as it is to play against him...... I just don't have proof. I have my gut, but he could just have a very clean connection to the server. ( Clean does not = ping)

Thanks for posting Ken,

I really am sorry you are unhappy with the situation.

Sissy
Will Ban for Stroyent.

Him-Again
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Him-Again » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:33 pm

Thanks for coming on to our server and posting this Ken.
Sissy did spec him today for quite a long time to see if he could pick anything up.
it is so hard to prove that someone is using an aimbot.
There are some very good players out there that just shoot that good,so we cant kick them for being better that us.
I am with you on thinking he is using some form of aimbot.
BUT we have to prove that he is before we ban him.
So for the time being we just have to try and not smash our keyboards over the desk every time we come across him in battle :lmao:
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS

Sissyboy
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Sissyboy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:19 pm

As Him said. Smash keyboard. eTc.

:)

Seriously, playing better players or cheating players can improve your own skillz. I always try to remember that when I'm getting owned.

I've been working very hard on my aiming. Not just looking at a player but focusing on the crosshairs always. (not something I've always done)

Plus, if some of these guys play for hours on end every day...... you and I who only play an hour or two....... We gonna get owned!
Will Ban for Stroyent.

FragMaster

Post by FragMaster » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:01 pm

Thanks for reading and responding frankly to my message. I wrote it before smashing my keyboard into small bits. FWIW: I was an admin on the USEF ET server for many years (with Cannonfodder and some other BBA players) so I have some experience specing cheaters. I know it's very hard to pick out, but honestly, if it looks like fish, smells like fish, tastes like fish, and makes fishy sounds, it's probably a fish. We have some really good players on your server, but nobody hits like Floyd. If he is NOT using a mod, hack or aimbot, then he's jacked up his system somehow..... Also, if you go to Aimbot.net, there is a ETQW aimbot (for V 1.5) that is easily downloaded. Thanks, Ken/Nikubo/FragMaster

FragMaster

Post by FragMaster » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:53 pm

Sorry, that's Aimbots.net, not aimbot.net

Him-Again
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Him-Again » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:22 am

I did a search on that site and could not find any aimbot program to download :shrug:
It does mention it for version 1.5 but the link to download it is broken.
And that people that did manage to get it ( back in 2010 ) could not get it to work :wall:
We can only keep an eye on him Ken.
I dont know how aimbots work ?
If the idea is to give the player improved aim ( head shots )
Does it also then wipe his accuracy ?
Because floyd never gets most accurate :shrug:
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS

yardy_da_truck
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

aim bot

Post by yardy_da_truck » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:34 pm

I must chime in here with the aimbot discussion. I believe what is happening lately is some kind of fuzzy logic aimbot (don't laugh just yet) . This new one is available whenever a player needs it, like an on-demand service. I have watched players literally for hours wondering if they had a cheat but couldn't tell for sure. They have made it almost impossible since it is now not a continuous hack.

I have suspected that a key is bound (or maybe a footswitch) to this cheat and it is activated when needed.... but the difference in comparison to the old aimbot is that instead of it snapping to the head of any nearby emeny player, it now (more slowly) helps aim in the direction of the enemy player. It seems to have a randomization factor either programmed in or assigned by the user. I have in fact seen it snap quickly and auto-fire but that seems to also be random. I was around a corner firing at the players as they came into view. After getting the same players a few times, one of them activated a hack that would snap and fire immediately. It was an impossible (one shot) head shot so I am convinced this can be turned on and off and can also be turned up and down as far as the intensity of the hack.

The new wall hacks are also somewhat random now. I have hidden myself where it would be impossible to find me without some kind of x-ray vision only to be hunted down and found. Now in this case when I went to spec and followed that player, it was obvious that a common wall hack wasn't on because of the natural tendency of a player to react to things seen behind walls and other actions. Eventually this player would activate the hack and do something that only a wallhacker would do but not so much as to create the need for an accusation.

The other thing I have noticed is some kind of health hack. This has been going on for awhile longer than these newer aimbots but even it is now refined. This new health hack allows the player to sustain less damage per hit or even skip damage for a few hits. I seen this for sure on another server and have seen it to a lesser degree here on BBA. Just when you think something is looking like a rat, the damage will go to normal making it impossible to know for sure. I do know about the lag causing a variation in damage but this is way beyond anything like that.

Also keep in mind that these players are very wary of being spec'ed . They will surely not activate anything special if there is a possibility of being caught so expect to see a trend of higher kills when there is someone specing although with these new 'fuzzy logic' hacks, it is still mostly impossible to be sure even when looking right at the suspect.

-yardy

FragMaster

Post by FragMaster » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:39 pm

Thanks for your comments Yardy. What you are describing is called a "humanizing" hack, and it pops on and off so spec'ers cannot catch it easily.

For the past couple of days I bit my tongue and played, knowing with almost certainty that "Floyd the Champ" is using some hack or cheat. I love playing on the BBA ETQW server, and have done so for more than two years. That said, just this evening I witnessed Floyd once again doing amazing and unbelievable things, like killing people with one shot and bringing down helicopters in seconds.

Until one of the admins mans up and boots this obvious cheater, I'll just have to discon every time Floyd is playing. I hate to complain like this, but I am sure many others share my feelings. Sorry. Nikubo/Ken

yardy_da_truck
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

hax

Post by yardy_da_truck » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:17 am

Yes and the very point of it being hard to prove makes it most difficult to enforce. As an observer I have seen some pretty obvious activity and taken action that I though was appropriate but with this new random hack it is gray area. It is very easy for a cheating player to claim they were improperly accused now because it is now word against word.

I have spent hours looking at suspected players only to conclude that they are either extremely good or cheating but not knowing for sure which it is. I certainly don't want to drive players away from the server by making a false accusation as this would most certainly happen. On the other hand it needs to be an even playing field where no certain player has an unfair advantage. It is so hard to take a stand when there is any doubt.

I have also witnessed a players score getting much weaker while being spec'ed. Is that enough to ban or kick a player? I have asked players to 'tone it down' as kind of a hint to not kick in their helping hack in an effort for that player to not feel accused but to realize that it could be looking too much like a hack. I have had players admit to using some help in some form or the other since they felt if everyone else is doing it, why be the weakest player?

It all boils down to the balance between having a clean server with a reputation for 'no hacks allowed' and players that try to beat the system. In time, most of the cheaters lose interest since it isn't much of a challenge to kill everyone in sight without opposition. You will see the legit players on the server and recognize them by name. You will develop a camaraderie with these players that goes beyond killing each other on-line. These are the people we have conversations with between games and get to know. These are the players that become part of the BBA family. This is something that the lonely cheaters cannot destroy.

-yardy

Him-Again
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Him-Again » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:53 am

We have not let this go Nikubo
You will just have to trust us that we are trying to deal with this matter in the best interest of ALL the people that play on our server.
i am of the opinion that he should go as well
I played against him and Sentry today and i was not having that hard a time of it.
I was killing them both then planting but would not have much health left after to beat them after they respawned.
Did this for 3 games.
Fights were pretty even between us.
Then he quit and came back and i could not beat him even when he had 1/4 health and me at full health.
hang in there Ken.Hope to have this worked out in the next week or so

Swatt
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Swatt » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:16 pm

My comments on this topic are not so much geared toward the cheating as it is toward whats right for the patrons of the server. This is not a public service, it is funded by a few for their enjoyment and open to the public with the understanding that no visitor has the the right to adversely affect the experience of the others...cheating, swearing, taunting or in this case completely owning the other team (legitimately or not). The common conscientious is much larger than this thread, any team speak going on opposite "Champ" is pretty telling....right or wrong it shouldn't matter as his presence has an immediate and dramatic negative affect on those opposing his play.

-sentry-
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by -sentry- » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:32 pm

Aimbot works off the green and red "arrows" seeing as the point to the players "head" you simply hit a pre programmed key and it automatically moves your site to the nearest red arrow..... removing the arrows could be a solution.

yardy_da_truck
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

hax

Post by yardy_da_truck » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:43 pm

I totally agree that there really doesn't need to be an accusation or suspicion of cheating to boot someone out. I think in all fairness there would need to be a greater understanding of this up front so players couldn't claim to be treated unfairly.

One way comes to mind is to let it be known that this is a beginner/intermediate level game on this server, and that any players that are permitted here must fit within that category and further if they are advanced enough to kill everyone on sight, that they would be encouraged to help the less talented players improve their gameplay. This would cover all bases enough to warrant a warning/boot to any player taking advantage of the other players that are just here to have fun.

In this way, the players using hacks to their advantage would be aware that the cheats being used would not be the reason for the warning/boot/ban and that they would be encouraged to play and help the players become more advanced. My guess is that they wouldn't take the time to bother and move on to servers that are not policed.

It should be known to all that come here to play that it is very discouraging to the general population to get owned repeatedly and that is not the purpose of this server. It is, and always has been a friendly, fun, family server open to all that follow the rules. Advanced players would be the abnormality in this scenario and encouraged to help or show off somewhere else. (after all, this server has families, kids, beginners, etc)

If this was added to the pop ups during the game and added to the general rules it would become a lot easier to enforce since we would be pointing out that the player in question was not necessarily cheating but in fact not fitting in with the general constitution of the server. Any player could then be called out, not for suspicion of cheating, but for violating a guideline rule.

-yardy

FragMaster

Post by FragMaster » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:53 pm

Thanks to all for your responses to my post - I really appreciate it. Although I am not a member of your clan, I definitely feel an affiliation, especially when the clan members welcome me when I sign on - Thanks always to Sissy and Him! I certainly don't like to be a whiner, but when I hear others on teamspeak make comments and show shock at a player's apparent skill, it confirms my suspicions that something is not right. BBA is a server that upholds a family/kid friendly atmosphere, including a no swearing policy, and I think that is great. Somebody can get booted for repeatedly swearing - but if someone is either using a hack, or is so good that they constantly own other players, they get the benefit of the doubt. In this regard I agree fully with yardy.

Also - was able to download the ETQW (v1.5) from Aimbots.net but did not install the software. The installation is stopped by virus checkers, but if you disable, it should load correctly according to posts on the Aimbots site. Check it out. Nik/Ken

PS: check out my following post for the hack download info.
Last edited by FragMaster on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.