BBA and QW

General ET: Quake Wars Talk
Systemshock

BBA and QW

Post by Systemshock » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:35 am

I really like playing on BBA! Thank you for maintaining it, and once I get around to it I plan to donate, but please be patient because I'm slow.

The main reason I started coming to BBA was because it was the only "joinable" (a server which gets through all my filters) server that had a good ping for me at that moment. Then I learned it was XP Save which made things different, and that it was often not too populated but at certain times could be full, so that made it even better. Now it's almost the only server I go to. :)

The reason I play QW is largely because it is already installed and I can't be bothered getting into a new game, but I would like to acknowledge how much I appreciate this game. The main reason I can identify as to why this game is so great is because it isn't so easy to dominate for very long, as there is always a strategy available to a team that can slow down the other one effectively and these strategies don't seem difficult to discover. In other words, the game seems really balanced and I really like that.

For example I love the flyers. If I'm in the Anansi I'm quite effective . . . until I quickly find that there are TWO missile locks instead of ONE, which means certain death. Oh well, so much for rocketting everyone! But that's what makes it awesome. The aircrafts are so devastating but so easy to take down just as long as two or more teammates are set to destroy it, though even one can usually take it out.

I think QW, and of course BBA's QW division, should remain alive and well since I really think it's a fine game, complete with every form of tactical assault that would please an adventurous gamer. Thanks BBA!

Him-Again
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Him-Again » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:58 am

Hey systemshock welcome to the forums mate :wtg:

yeah i was watching you fly the anasi the other night and you were doing an awesome job helping out the GDF.

Glad you like our server, we think it rocks :wtg:

The best thing about our server you will find is,no matter how many people come and go we keep the gaming fun & try our hardest to keep the teams fair & even

See you on again soon bud

Sissyboy
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Sissyboy » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:00 pm

Good to have you.

I'll try to remember to join the team you are flying for!

Welcome aboard!
Will Ban for Stroyent.

Systemshock

Post by Systemshock » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:43 pm

I do find it's always pretty fair. Only rarely do the teams get tipped for a bit, but that usually works itself out. It used to be less fun for me because I disliked playing as Strogg, but lately I'm getting used to them since sometimes there aren't enough players. :chin:

Playing as Tech is harder than Medic I think. To me flying the Tormentor is only half as fun as the Anansi but the Cyclops is twice as fun as the Titan so it all works out! :wtg:

Have you good pilots in BBA? I find the bots in Single Player Mode to be predictable while it isn't easy to find another good pilot with a ping as good as I get at BBA. I'd love to get my ass owned by a raging Tormentor from time to time.

I come across good pilots frequently on other servers and I learned something from them that I couldn't get from playing bots: Need to use the aim ("_tophat") thing and have it bound to a good key to get a lock from far away because MAN is it hard to aim the plane and get a lock online! Like MAN it's so hard one time I thought I was gonna cry while chasing this Tormentor for what seemed like a lifetime, when he turns around, says "Boo!" (he didn't really say boo but in my mind he did) and hyperblasts my ass since I lost all my health whacking into trees! So horray for _tophat! ;D :hail:

Your frequent player Kickbal seems good in the tormentor, and it was he I think that I first noticed performing a drifting maneuver followed by "WARNING: Missile Lock!", and I thought "What the hell just happened?!" This was before I knew the amazing power of _tophat. There are surely a few other good Tormentor pilots that come on BBA though so I usually get a good ass whippin' often enough.

One more thing: I've been getting lag lately :wall:. I know it's my end, but just needed some advice, as maybe there are special ways to deal with lag. In Wolf ET for example, there was something used called _timenudge or something that looked lika that, and setting it to a certain value meant a good ping. Thought there might be a function like that for QW.

Peace!