Server full rules ??

General ET: Quake Wars Talk
Him-Again
Clan Member
Clan Member

Server full rules ??

Post by Him-Again » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:35 pm

I have noticed that over the last 2 weeks we have had a full house of 32 players around 3-4 times :w00t: :wtg: and a few regulars have had to wait 10-15 minutes to get on to BBA

Talking to the guys from villa they said that if there server is full even there members cant get on until there is a vacant spot open

Is this the same for us BBA members
Would we have to wait for an open slot to join ????
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS

Mutt
Clan Member
Clan Member

Re: Server full rules ??

Post by Mutt » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:11 pm

Him-Again wrote:Is this the same for us BBA members
Would we have to wait for an open slot to join ????
If I remember correctly, one of the hacks I slid into place will bump spec people to make room for incoming players, and I _thought_ I had also coded something in there to make room for known clan members, but I might be mistaken. Let me check the code and get back to you.

Mutt
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Mutt » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:28 pm

Player count over the past month -- VERY nice!

Mutt
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Mutt » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:35 pm

From the changelog,

0.4.7 - 24 February 2008
- Added logic so g_password can be used to specify a pseudo-private slot password. In the event a server is full, a BBA can use the g_password password to kick off the playing player with the lowest XP and get in in an emergency
- Added CVar bba_autoAdminKickmsg to control the message sent to a playing player when they are autokicked
- Added rights for bbaKickLiveUser to use the back door password to punt a playing player

and I verified that yes, the code really is there to support it. Zeus, did we ever turn up that feature? I know its controlled by the PF_BBA_KICKLIVEUSER flag

Him-Again
Clan Member
Clan Member

Re: Server full rules ??

Post by Him-Again » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:05 pm

If I remember correctly, one of the hacks I slid into place will bump spec people to make room for incoming players, and I _thought_ I had also coded something in there to make room for known clan members, but I might be mistaken. Let me check the code and get back to you.[/quote]

The hack to kick spec players is working as that did happen today and a message i have never seen before came up on screen that stated he had been kicked for specing for to long

:wtg:
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS

Zeus
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by Zeus » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:29 am

I know as Him Again stated we had the spec turned on and working properly but "believe" the BBA clearing a spot was still having issues so was disabled.

I will try and look through the files and settings to see what I can recall. :shrug: