Sick of typing your password to login?

General ET: Quake Wars Talk
Zeus
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Sick of typing your password to login?

Post by Zeus » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:49 pm

Just as the title says, sick of having to type your password to login to your QW account?

Just create a autoexec.cfg in Enemy Territory - QUAKE Wars\base folder with
set net_accountName "Accountname"
set net_accountPassword "Password"
and after starting ETQW it takes you straight to the online browser.

:wtg:

topspin

Post by topspin » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:15 pm

Apparently, if you want to auto connect to a server, you ALSO must configure your username and account as Zeus has described. Otherwise ETQW will ignore the server you have specified in the shortcut.

So, if you want to auto-login and auto-connect, you must configure your account/password as described above, and then place "connect qw1.badassservers.net" after etqw.exe in your shortcut.

ET-Killah

Post by ET-Killah » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:13 pm

why does it do that now? havnt had the time to play QW in awhile. now every time i play the game or switch servers it resets.. reloads.. clears the password.. are they trying to annoy people of the game? :tired:

-999-
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member
Location: Strangled, pounced, boomed, hit with concrete and somehow on fire with pipe bomb under me

Post by -999- » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:00 pm

ET-Killah wrote:why does it do that now? havnt had the time to play QW in awhile. now every time i play the game or switch servers it resets.. reloads.. clears the password.. are they trying to annoy people of the game? :tired:
Looking at what's gone on since the early beta 'till now, I would not be shocked if that were true.