Saberpeak-Night Sky version

Map Requests - FEEDBACK ON CURRENT MAPS PLAYING.
dirtyolman
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Saberpeak-Night Sky version

Post by dirtyolman » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:58 pm

Here's an old map called saberpeak, but.....this is the night sky version. The night sky script is an add-on, like the first night script which was a solid color and had some lag issues. The night sky script is so much softer in gamma and the night sky design is awesome. The water color & transparency has changed...looks so cool. :wtg:

This needs a test, what do y'all think???

TheDecipher
BBA ShouldBe
BBA ShouldBe

Post by TheDecipher » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:07 am

Definitely......... the detail on that map is amazing.................. Would love to have it on bba1.........

!D

!die all

Zeus
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by Zeus » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:31 am

I remember the map, it was designed to look like the game Far Cry when it first came out, so your saying the lag issues were fixed Dirty? Because I also remember that with all the pretty details came a boat load of lag. :eew:

septime
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by septime » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:48 pm

"nightsky version" released in december 2009

http://www.wolfmap.de/comments.php?news_id=2223

If you look at the SS here,

http://www.bbaservers.com/ftopict-5376.html

you will see the water was really blue (blue lagoon). Same goes for the sky, but Cheney took his SS with fastsky command set on 1. :eew:

So, with the "nightsky version", you have some changes.
Not sure to what extent they could improve your FPS. :shrug:

septime
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by septime » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:56 am

It's on the test server.

Time for some input. :wtg:

Simtech
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Simtech » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:07 pm

nice! Thanks!
ImageImage

TBARSDE

Post by TBARSDE » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:11 pm

I remember this map as well. I enjoyed it throughly. I remember staying up all night until after the Sun came up playing this. Less lag is always better :).

Scortch

Post by Scortch » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:50 am

This is a map I've played before, though it wasn't the night sky version. I enjoyed this map and after checking out the night sky version, I remember why.

Moving the boat can be difficult due to snipers on the walls of the sub base. The engies need to stay down as the boat moves towards the first dock. Once at the first dock, there is usually a good fight around the health and ammo hut as the first obj (ammo) is loaded onto the boat. Having said that though, I do like how there are multiple ammo crates available even though only one is needed. The allies can have two or three or four players with objective trying to make it to the boat, which means that the team isn't always trying to grab the same ammo crate over and over. If three people make it to the obj, only one needs to make it back to the boat. But, with less people, the allies don't even need to move the boat. If a few players can make it through the first axis spawn and blow the side wall, they can then proceed to the sub and destroy it without ever having gotten wet. There is more than just one way to skin this cat. If axis isn't on the ball it's possible to get behind them and finish the map relatively fast.