organized ET matches?

Name says it all.
Venze
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Venze » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:38 am

It will be a bit late for me 8 pm est would be around 2 am my time, so i am normal sleeping there, if it would be posible to do a afternoon match sometimes i will be game on....
The wise word from MadMaz: 192 is behind a fucking router!

BAYMAN
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by BAYMAN » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:25 am

Ok by me but Yardy has found a server that we played and if we could run ours like it im sure we can draw in more people I think Yardy should be commended for at least trying to get our server up to date and add extra things like on the panzer had 1000 ammo and the gravity was light so you can jump higher lets quite being old fuddy duddys and get this thing upgaded it is done on other servers why not ours?

yardy_da_truck
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

server

Post by yardy_da_truck » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:05 am

I did an experiment last night. I asked Bay and BallsOut to join me for an opinion. Previously I had visited a server per a request by players that had been playing BBA exclusively.

I asked Bay and BallsOut to join me per the invitation to visit.
They were ok with me using their server for this experiment knowing that I was a member at BBA and had no plans of switching. They had set it up for low gravity and unlimited ammo/weapons. They did not have a problem if we jumped up on a building or anything we wanted to do. They had a few rules but the most important rule was to have fun.

I see Bay has already reported on his visit. My report should be obvious as I have been trying to keep our server interesting to players for awhile.

They have regulars and their popularity is not waning, it is growing. I can't think of a reason to keep the BBA as status quo at this point. I think we need a dramatic change and it can be easily started.

I really do not think that E.T. is dying as much as it was getting boring with the same old same old. Let's drastically change it. I realize that in the day with hundreds of players trying to log in here, control could have gotten lost with lax rules but now I think the decision is to force strict rules on 2 or 3 players that occasionally log on, or relax a bit and just have fun. (by the way this other server was full-up last night with no slots open and no bots on) (it was strange when an admin said to players that were in spec "you guys will need to start playing ... you can't stay in spec mode" lol like we used to do)

Let's try something! New maps alone will not do it. Give somebody the ability to switch on low gravity or panz wars. You still have a lot of dedicated players and members here (so far) just waiting for this server to wake up.

-yardy

mAecrAes
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by mAecrAes » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:51 pm

I was bummed I couldn't play at all this weekend, been working all weekend and had plans when not there :( Hopefully some people were on!

As far what Yardy and Bay are talking about, I'm not inherently against trying something new, but I think there are already plenty of servers out there with the unlimited ammo, gravity mod, double jumps etc., and its becoming harder to find servers with more classic gameplay like here on BBA. My personal preference is towards servers where the gameplay is balanced and based on skill and strategy while still having some fun enhancements, which is where BBA is strong. In all honesty, the kind of settings you are talking about are gimmicky to me and detract from what makes ET so awesome.

So that might make me an "old fuddy duddy" (haha, bay!) in my 20's, but I'd be sad to see the server make a 180 degree change in settings. I'm doing what I can, when I have time, to try to promote the server through various websites and message boards etc. but it's not easy to get instant results.

Just one guys opinion.

yardy_da_truck
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by yardy_da_truck » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:03 pm

mAecrAes wrote:............

As far what Yardy and Bay are talking about, I'm not inherently against trying something new, but I think there are already plenty of servers out there with the unlimited ammo, gravity mod, double jumps etc., and its becoming harder to find servers with more classic gameplay like here on BBA...........
..just to clarify the intent, I think Bay's comments and my experiments were not meant to turn BBA 180 degrees but to point out that something needs to be different in order to attract players and even more importantly to keep them once they visit. There is always more abuse than anything else when the rules are lax. It is the nature of the beast. Possible somewhere in that middle ground is a spot of comfort for BBA and new players. It may involve admins with the ability to turn special features on and off during the game. Or possibly some sound clips that can be accessed during gameplay for a funny effect.

You are correct that the unlimited ammo sites are a dime a dozen and that probably would not work here. The point was that there are fewer players by the day and an experiment of some kind would at least create some curiosity.

The site we visited was not a model to clone by any means. Just a place to get some ideas from and report back.

A quick idea that was mentioned previously was to give some ability to BBA clan members to change the game dynamically for a more interesting game. i.e. panz wars, knife fight, lol , or cry baby sound clip etc

Just some ideas to get it going before it all disappears.

We are afraid if it stays status quo it will.

-yardy

GrUnt
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by GrUnt » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:47 pm

I just play with my ***** when I'm bored.

AnUnarmedMan
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by AnUnarmedMan » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:33 pm

GrUnt wrote:I just play with my ***** when I'm bored.

Grunt,

Your wife saw this post and said "***** is not right, it's **".

:lmao:
War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left.

KrispyKritter
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by KrispyKritter » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:32 pm

AnUnarmedMan wrote: ... wife said "***** is not right, it's **". :lmao:
Oh, NOW I get it! Looks like Caroline's kind of joke!
KrispyKritter aka Chatty (glitchy finger) Charlie
Image(pcB)

Digger
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Digger » Sun May 20, 2012 12:25 pm

Doesn't look like organizing anything is working either. I've been stopping by on Mondays, Fridays and Saturdays.....and every other day to be honest and not too many people playing. =(

BAYMAN
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by BAYMAN » Sun May 20, 2012 9:42 pm

Im sorry for the fuddy duddy comment but I love this server and I dont want it to die ( and I love unlimited ammo its fun) :) :hail:
BAYMAN wrote:Ok by me but Yardy has found a server that we played and if we could run ours like it im sure we can draw in more people I think Yardy should be commended for at least trying to get our server up to date and add extra things like on the panzer had 1000 ammo and the gravity was light so you can jump higher lets quite being old fuddy duddys and get this thing upgaded it is done on other servers why not ours?

BAYMAN
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by BAYMAN » Sun May 20, 2012 9:46 pm

I have been to a couple other servers that I was checking out to see what they had and the same rules applied for them except the gravity part and the weapons were upgraded they had quite a few players but when some of them leave bots take the place their fun to kill plus this would allow our server to have players or bots so we dont have to play alone.

BAYMAN wrote:Im sorry for the fuddy duddy comment but I love this server and I dont want it to die ( and I love unlimited ammo its fun) :) :hail:
BAYMAN wrote:Ok by me but Yardy has found a server that we played and if we could run ours like it im sure we can draw in more people I think Yardy should be commended for at least trying to get our server up to date and add extra things like on the panzer had 1000 ammo and the gravity was light so you can jump higher lets quite being old fuddy duddys and get this thing upgaded it is done on other servers why not ours?

yardy_da_truck
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by yardy_da_truck » Mon May 21, 2012 10:51 pm

Ok why don't we try bots? They are fun to kill and it can be adjusted to allow just the right number of bots so when someone joins, a bot is let go to keep it even. The bots can also be cranked up so that they are pretty aggressive too.

Try it if even for a temporary experiment. I'll bet there will be more live players come/stay/play.

-yardy

Zeus
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by Zeus » Tue May 22, 2012 12:29 pm

yardy_da_truck wrote:Ok why don't we try bots? They are fun to kill and it can be adjusted to allow just the right number of bots so when someone joins, a bot is let go to keep it even. The bots can also be cranked up so that they are pretty aggressive too.

Try it if even for a temporary experiment. I'll bet there will be more live players come/stay/play.

-yardy
I can put bots on, problem is you go back to stock maps on the whole until someone can find out which maps have bot support and any issues caused with them, if you dont have bot way files, they just stand doing nothing.