et and win 7

Name says it all.
CarlosDynamite

et and win 7

Post by CarlosDynamite » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:31 pm

New comput, i cannot play ET on it, i need help for play it on windows 7,...Thanks !

madmaz
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by madmaz » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:15 am

More info please....errors etc
Baseball is wrong: Man with four balls cannot walk.

Digger
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Digger » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:12 pm

Don't worry...nobody is playing ET anymore anyway =(
I'm on almost every single day and there 's hardly anyone that comes on.

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:56 am

Digger wrote:Don't worry...nobody is playing ET anymore anyway =(
It actually hurt me to read this. :headache: When I think of the ZILLIONS of hours I spent playing ET, the thought of it drying up brings me to a level of discomfort...that I'm just not comfortable with.

As for Win7, ET plays great on mine. We'll need more details of the trouble you're having, Carlos.

Digger
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Digger » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:50 am

OhMyHead wrote:
Digger wrote:Don't worry...nobody is playing ET anymore anyway =(
It actually hurt me to read this. :headache: When I think of the ZILLIONS of hours I spent playing ET, the thought of it drying up brings me to a level of discomfort...that I'm just not comfortable with.
Yeah, unfortunately it hurts me to say it too...anyway, sorry for the threadjack though Carlos.
As far as playing on Windows 7, mine works great. It might be something simple that we can help you with. OhMyHead is correct...we'll need more information.

madmaz
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by madmaz » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:54 pm

madmaz wrote:More info please....errors etc
I said it first nanny nanny boo boo......

Sorry had to poke some fun

SirPing

Re: et and win 7

Post by SirPing » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:14 pm

CarlosDynamite wrote:New comput, i cannot play ET on it, i need help for play it on windows 7,...Thanks !

Problems? test ET on Win 7 ultimate and works

install the game as admin, folder on your Hard Disc (C:/Wolfestein-EnemyTerritory/) not default and propierties (run as win xp sp3)

i can't help anymore cuz time ago uninstall the game sorry :cry:
good luck
revenge achievement..

madmaz
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by madmaz » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:25 pm

Are you running 32 or 64 bit?

Venze
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Venze » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:09 am

Digger, i think it is the lack of new maps, and maybe mods, who can upgrade the game, cause it is really good and i have alot of fond memories from the game and you on teamspeak, i still smile when i think of some of the things you have done:)
The wise word from MadMaz: 192 is behind a fucking router!

septime
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by septime » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:19 pm

Venze wrote:Digger, i think it is the lack of new maps
Not sure what you mean here :huh:

yardy_da_truck
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

et population

Post by yardy_da_truck » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:24 pm

I believe it to be several things causing the server to be empty.

1x1 or 2x2 can be fun for the best players but most players (including me) get frustrated when they get their butts kicked for several games in a row by the really good players. That's why when the server had 20 per side, it made much less difference how good each player was. It was more of a team effort and less of an individual effort. These players will not stay connected on the server for long.

Bots have been a bad word here but there can be advantages. When a server constantly scans to see when the live players connect and take out the necessary bots to compensate, players will stay connected longer. Now the bots create some illusion of the extra players and they can even help a team effort. When the bots are cranked up... they do pretty good at attacking and defending. Yes, not nearly the same as having live players, but better than having NO players. It may be time to try some things here.. what could be the harm at this point???

We could lighten up a bit on the rules and try a server with low gravity and allow players to jump up on things and hide on top of a building etc. See servers like FunBoy (beginner) They always have live players every night. They have low gravity and don't kick players for jumping up on things. It may be time to try some things... what could it hurt at this point??

We really really need stuff like panzer wars that can be flicked on at a moments notice. Sniper wars!!! Give someone the ability to turn this on and see what happens!! What could it hurt at this point??

Unlimited ammo!!!! Adren enabled for all players!! unlimited weapons!!!! What could it hurt at this point?

Yes... new maps!!! Spark some new interest by switching out a new map once a week. There are dozens of maps we have never tried. There was always something magical about exploring a new map to find out where everything was located and how it worked. Kept me busy for hours. What could it hurt at this point??

I was never much of the kick type. I enjoyed more of the foolish stuff and sometimes it got me into trouble (lol) I rarely kicked a player unless he/she was aimbotting or wall hacking. You had seen comments about how the late night visitors always liked the way I handled the crew when I was the only BBA member on at the time. I believe the rules were in place at the time to prevent widespread abuse and I (eventually) respected and insisted that everyone held to them. Now it may be time to allow some flexibility in the rules and allow some of that tom foolery. It was always great fun to have a late night contest to see who would survive an air strike on the Ice map by landing just right on the side of the cliff instead of splatting. It was fun to attempt to get into a high window by a nade jump when everyone was on the same team just messing around. (of course this was all done on other servers.. not the BBA one lol)

... it may be time to try something... what could it hurt at this point??????

Digger and Septime and other higher admins are on at night- why not allow someone to be able to turn on panz wars, low gravity, the lol command, etc etc

I constantly just want to turn on glow for a second or two (lol) but I don't of course.

--yardy

Zeus
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by Zeus » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:40 am

septime wrote:
Going to have to go with Septime here, issues of low player count has absolutely nothing to do with map changes in fact, quite the opposite and that the map changes probably have directly done exactly what we trying to solve.
Septime and the others on the map committee have done an EXCELLENT job reviewing and spending hours walking through new maps and then putting them into the rotation, have we made any changes recently? No, but hasnt been enough people even playing for the rotation to get old.

This is the reason I was always reluctant to make too many map changes too often, while the regulars and BBA members get bored with current maps and want to make changes, the casual players who are the majority of the players do NOT want to have to run around lost and try and figure out objectives and their way around, they want to come into familiar surroundings and play well. Just think back about how many times you saw the "this is stupid" comment about a new map, because players dont understand the map and just quit.

Bots and new maps are not usually in the same conversation either as bots do not function on just any map, they require someone to create "paths" and "way points" for them to move around and help complete objectives, without working bot files for a map, they dont do anything.

I would expect the rules to being a bit more "lax" lately also and just took that for granted, our stricter rules and guidelines were created for when the server had 50+ players and were designed to help keep stupidity to a minimum and allow everyone to play and have fun.

Zeus
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by Zeus » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:11 pm

I should add we are definitely open to all ideas to help improve play for members and attract players again, but I just want to make sure there is no offense taken when ideas are shot down due to other issues involved. :coffee:

BAYMAN
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by BAYMAN » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:43 pm

Zeus wrote:I should add we are definitely open to all ideas to help improve play for members and attract players again, but I just want to make sure there is no offense taken when ideas are shot down due to other issues involved. :coffee:
Yes I agree with Yardy The server FunBoy (beginner)is great and its always has players on it we need to look closer at this I am a nobody but I would be on everynight if we had upgraded maps players like this not that I am not on but im getting tired of playing by myself or like Yardy said with one or two players.
Last edited by BAYMAN on Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

BAYMAN
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by BAYMAN » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:22 am

I agree with not so many map changes but just a suggestion up grading weapons and lite gravity let them jump on roofs if we were in a real war they could be anywhere hiding, there is alot of things we can do to upgrade old maps that way ppl will still not get lost but another thing more ammo for the guns and upgrade the guns, like I said im just a 5 level and only make suggestions no disrespect just concerned about our server.
Zeus wrote:
septime wrote:
Going to have to go with Septime here, issues of low player count has absolutely nothing to do with map changes in fact, quite the opposite and that the map changes probably have directly done exactly what we trying to solve.
Septime and the others on the map committee have done an EXCELLENT job reviewing and spending hours walking through new maps and then putting them into the rotation, have we made any changes recently? No, but hasnt been enough people even playing for the rotation to get old.

This is the reason I was always reluctant to make too many map changes too often, while the regulars and BBA members get bored with current maps and want to make changes, the casual players who are the majority of the players do NOT want to have to run around lost and try and figure out objectives and their way around, they want to come into familiar surroundings and play well. Just think back about how many times you saw the "this is stupid" comment about a new map, because players dont understand the map and just quit.

Bots and new maps are not usually in the same conversation either as bots do not function on just any map, they require someone to create "paths" and "way points" for them to move around and help complete objectives, without working bot files for a map, they dont do anything.

I would expect the rules to being a bit more "lax" lately also and just took that for granted, our stricter rules and guidelines were created for when the server had 50+ players and were designed to help keep stupidity to a minimum and allow everyone to play and have fun.