Had a problem with etguidauth.evenbalance.com - fix included

Name says it all.
rburnes

Had a problem with etguidauth.evenbalance.com - fix included

Post by rburnes » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:30 pm

Hi All,
I just noticed I had an issue connecting tonight where I was getting a can not resolve etguidauth.evenbalance.com error when trying to connect to bba1.badassservers.net.

I'm on Mac osx and had to delete my /Users/username/Library/Application Data/Wolfenstein ET/pb folder (it seems to be recreated when re-opening / launching the game) and added the below line to my /etc/hosts file:
192.246.40.62 etguidauth.evenbalance.com

Hopefully that will help someone if they run into it.

Though I did lose my xp so maybe deleting the pb folder did that to me :\

KrispyKritter
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by KrispyKritter » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:29 pm

Both 'Ping 192.246.40.62' and 'ping etguidauth.evenbalance.com' time out. The 'etguid...' is still in the DNS, as pinging that address returns:
"Pinging etguidauth.evenbalance.com [192.246.40.62]". Maybe it never did return pings, IDK.

Have you heard that PB has dropped support of ET and that the ET Server Master Browser has shut down?

See
http://www.bbaservers.com/ftopict-8288.html
and click on Zeus's link to a new Master Server List service from TrackBase.net.
I just tested this, using the "put '91.220.53.73 etmaster.idsoftware.com' into your 'hosts' file" method and it works fine. I didn't want to modify the et.exe files nor load another Service.

Trackbase also has an 'etkey generator' site. I'm not sure how this applies to Macintosh.
KrispyKritter aka Chatty (glitchy finger) Charlie
Image(pcB)