Headset recommendations for Teamspeak

Name says it all.
mAecrAes
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Headset recommendations for Teamspeak

Post by mAecrAes » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:24 pm

Fera informed me tonight that teamspeak is now public, which is awesome. I thought I had a headset somewhere around here but I don't so it's probably time to get one. Anyone have a recommendation? Comfortable, cheap, and not bad sounding would be preferred.

ferapont
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by ferapont » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:31 am

i picked up a cheap pair at office depot. but not always the most comfortable but it works.

here is one i was looking at, cheap.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6826265063

yardy_da_truck
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

headset

Post by yardy_da_truck » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:54 pm

I have been using the set from Edimensional which is headphones and microphone that hook up direct to the audio ports on the computer. They now have a force feedback model that will rattle your head when an explosion or nade explodes nearby. A little pricey for the new model at 79.95 but works really well and for 39.95 additional you can purchase their Voice Buddy software that will add voice control to your games (i.e. switch weapons, choose and say vsay, etc etc) Any command can be voice automated as far as I know. I use the home key to trigger my voice so that commands are left for voice control.

They also have the 3D glasses which I always use when playing ET. I cannot imagine a game without them. It gives a 3D effect to the screen and is realistic enough so that when a panzer comes at you... you DUCK. Takes a few game to get the eyes adjusted but much better at determining distance to objects over a standard 2D screen.

No, I do not have any stock in this company but I do think they make great products.

-yardy

mAecrAes
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by mAecrAes » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:57 pm

Thanks for the links. I'll probably go the cheaper route that fera linked, but it sounds like you've a got a crazy set-up there yardy. It'd be fun to try playing it with those glasses but I feel like I'd get annoyed having them on after a while.

Digger
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Digger » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:00 pm

I've been really really happy with this Rosewill headset that I purchased last December Maecraes...pretty comfortable and good sound for my ears.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6826193055
Headphones and microphone both run through the USB. After about a year of using them, I can't even tell they've been worn really.

dax
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by dax » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:57 am

Logitech G930

Best headset i've ever owned so far... well worth the money.

ferapont
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by ferapont » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:30 am

what did you end up getting?

i heard Absolute got a nice headset.

i bought one like this

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/7 ... o-Headset/

but i would like to get some nicer ones eventually.