Where are the players on the server? :(

Name says it all.
Batik

Where are the players on the server? :(

Post by Batik » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:11 am

Hello,

I'm wondering why are the server is almost empty? Is it maybe because of that I just missed the game time? Or are there any new BBA game server that I just have not know yet?

Terima Kasih :)

Cheers,
Batik

TJHooker
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by TJHooker » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:55 pm

I am finding the same problem with there not being any players but partly it is due to my schedule.

Most likely however is the simple fact that this is an old game and people have moved on to new games to play. It was only a year ago or so that BBA was running two servers with ET now it is down to one and it is empty more times that it has players.
"Cuff him. Then wash your hands."

dickcheneyhunting
BBA Wannabe
BBA Wannabe

Post by dickcheneyhunting » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:02 am

TJHooker wrote:I am finding the same problem with there not being any players but partly it is due to my schedule.

Most likely however is the simple fact that this is an old game and people have moved on to new games to play. It was only a year ago or so that BBA was running two servers with ET now it is down to one and it is empty more times that it has players.
Renovatio and Texas Bruzzer still play? :(

KrispyKritter
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by KrispyKritter » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:48 pm

dickcheneyhunting wrote:Renovatio and Texas Bruzzer still play? :(
Texas Bruzzer was on BBA1 last night and has been sighted on other servers.

Renovatio has been back once, to my knowledge, since his friend's suicide last year. He was seeking advice on installing ET on a new computer.
KrispyKritter aka Chatty (glitchy finger) Charlie
Image(pcB)

Batik

Post by Batik » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:37 am

Hello, TJHooker

Thank you for your reply.

I see now. It just too bad to hear the latest update. I just missed the old days back years ago :(

What games does all the players have gone to? I am aware that there are plenty of games has came up, but I still find that ET is still exciting and fun.

Terima kasih :)

Cheers,
Batik

Batik

Post by Batik » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:41 am

KrispyKritter wrote:
dickcheneyhunting wrote:Renovatio and Texas Bruzzer still play? :(
Texas Bruzzer was on BBA1 last night and has been sighted on other servers.

Renovatio has been back once, to my knowledge, since his friend's suicide last year. He was seeking advice on installing ET on a new computer.
Hello, KrispyKritter

I am very sorry of what happened to Renovatio's friend, I hope he will be strong.

In the mean time, does BBA have a different game hosted other than ET?

Cheers,
Batik

dickcheneyhunting
BBA Wannabe
BBA Wannabe

Post by dickcheneyhunting » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:16 pm

Batik, I think it is just a matter of finding people on listed BBA games (check forum sections for clue). Thanks for the Heads up Krispy. I will see if I can hope on during one of those times. Joined in-game twice only to find nobody. :(

KrispyKritter
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by KrispyKritter » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:35 pm

Batik wrote:...What games does all the players have gone to? I am aware that there are plenty of games has came up, but I still find that ET is still exciting and fun.

Cheers,
Batik
Batik, I made a mistake in my reply Private Message to you: I remebered this thread as being in our "Quake Wars" forum!

Like I mentioned, we have QuakeWars, and several BBA clanners are downUnder, which is closer in timezones to you. You are posting about 1am, my time.

We also have two servers on Steam, for Left4Dead and for Brink. I don't know what kind of service Steam provides in Indonesia.

Left4Dead worked surprisingly well on my 3Ghz Pentium4.
Image(pcB)

Batik

Post by Batik » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:44 am

dickcheneyhunting wrote:Batik, I think it is just a matter of finding people on listed BBA games (check forum sections for clue). Thanks for the Heads up Krispy. I will see if I can hope on during one of those times. Joined in-game twice only to find nobody. :(
Hello, dickcheneyhunting. Alright, I shall check for the clue. Thank you :)

Batik

Post by Batik » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:11 am

KrispyKritter wrote:
Batik wrote:...What games does all the players have gone to? I am aware that there are plenty of games has came up, but I still find that ET is still exciting and fun.

Cheers,
Batik
Batik, I made a mistake in my reply Private Message to you: I remebered this thread as being in our "Quake Wars" forum!

Like I mentioned, we have QuakeWars, and several BBA clanners are downUnder, which is closer in timezones to you. You are posting about 1am, my time.

We also have two servers on Steam, for Left4Dead and for Brink. I don't know what kind of service Steam provides in Indonesia.

Left4Dead worked surprisingly well on my 3Ghz Pentium4.
Hello, KrispyKritter

I see now. BBA has two servers on Steam for L4D and Brink. The other games that BBA has is ET and ET:QW outside Steam. Kindly please correct me if I'm wrong :)

I think Steam services works just fine in the country, since I have had installed Counter Strike - Source many years ago, but I left it as my Internet connection is not that supporting.

By the way, dows Left4Dead and Brink are a freeware as such ET ?

Cheers,
Batik

KrispyKritter
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by KrispyKritter » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:48 am

Batik wrote: I see now. BBA has two servers on Steam for L4D and Brink. The other games that BBA has is ET and ET:QW outside Steam. Kindly please correct me if I'm wrong :)
Absolutely correct!
Batik wrote: By the way, dows Left4Dead and Brink are a freeware as such ET ?
I am sorry, but they cost $, Rupiah, Yen, Pesos, Dalasi...

BUT...as you can see from the notice Zeus put on our Home Page: "Team Fortress 2 is now FREE via Steam!"

I don't know what BBA might do with that or about that.
Image(pcB)

yardy_da_truck
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

where are the players?

Post by yardy_da_truck » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:08 pm

Usually late in the evening (early AM Eastern Time Zone for me) there are several regulars that appear. I have lately found timjim, fera, macr, digger, soldieroffortune, and others there and we generally have 2 or 3 of us for a few minutes until others log in to see whats happening. While I am not very good at 1x1 I will sometimes chat with the other player in spec or even join the same team with the understanding that when others find us on there, we will split into teams and play a 'real' game. I use this opportunity to check out the new maps and ask questions about the game flow for the unfamiliar surroundings. We have done a same team walk-thru tutorial on where the objects are and what to do when playing that particular map.

Eventually someone will log in for a second to see who's there. When they see people on the map, they stay and play. I have tried staying in spec but that doesn't work the same. They will assume I am afk or something and not stay. I get just as much enjoyment out of exploring the maps as I do playing the game. 1x1 is not a good option on most of the maps as they require a few different classes to complete but if the player is expert (I am not) they can have a good challenge completeing it 1x1 or even as 1 player on the map to pass the time.

Instead of 1x1 sometimes join the same team and complete the objective to kill time or mess around until people show up. It is a good variation of the normal game play and for people like me it passes the time and shows the peole that log in that there is activity.

We have been standing there discussing something (waiting) and (like last night) been surprised when someone joins up and sneaks up on us (booom) we are dead lol

-yardy

AcidStorm
BBA Wannabe
BBA Wannabe

Post by AcidStorm » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:23 pm

ZUp! Well let me see..

First up Yardy you were always a great pleasure to play with.
You weren't the type to lose his temper in any instance, and that
is an admirable quality in itself. :hail:
I won't forget riding your airstrikes across the map bud ;)

I rarely play any game much now.
I started playing on BBA several years ago..
Remember the many ppl like Palm, Megaborg and Killdrover? - in spec
with 30 on 30 slogging it out all day on the tiny map Caen! Madness!
Even Zeus'd pop in each night and go hunting for some BBA lol.
I find it hard to believe how much time I actually spent on BBA.
Could go on all day about it 2!

Point I'm trying to make is that BBA/ET was the most successful server
and game I ever played on. I browsed the web and I see a few hardcore
members still playing. I might join up one weekend but simple fact is
ppl like a fair game and it's hard to get things rolling when experienced
players meet newbies - the tendancy is to disconnect before more join in.
Back in the day the traffic was so intense it didn't matter how good
or bad the players were. There were loads of players to keep the game running..

With the source code etc all open to programmers it
could well make a comeback but at the moment I think
it's a waiting game. Who knows anything for sure?
Most games promised to be the next best thing these days seem to
get flushed on release.. :shrug:
They just don't make em like they used to eh?

IN the meantime maybe make the most of it as there is clearly
still a fanbase for ET. :wtg:

Now where's Grunty! :chin:

Big up Zeus & Co. cya round fellas..

UJE7Words

Post by UJE7Words » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:54 pm

Hi Guys'
Im like you....I hate to see ET die. I came here today because I could not find your server any more =(
I used to play your server as a regular a couple years ago. Had many good times there and Im sad to see its not popular any more. I played your server many months. Had a run in with one of your members (cant remember who or why) but that caused me to find another server. Water under the bridge now. Anyhow Ive been a member of UJE clan for about 3 years now. I would like to invite any of you guys to come by and play with us sometime if you like. This is strange because I would never go advertise on another clans forum but I remember the fun I once had on your servers and I see here you guys share the same desire as I do......keeping ET alive. We have a Team Play server that is full sometimes and a Beginners server that has humans play often. Only an hour ago we had 10 per team plus several in spec. The Beginners server has the settings close to how your server is set up. We have a regular crowd of people and everyone is friendly. Its like your server.....we do not like rambos, pure fraggers, and making fun of other players because of skill level. We do talk some shit with friends and do use Vsays a lot some times but its all in fun. No feelings hurt. Please join us if your looking for a good clean game.
Once again I AM NOT trying to pull people from your server.....matter of fact...if you had people playing, I would be there now. Im just trying to help keep ET alive =) Hope some day both our servers are full again =)

anaconda244

Re: Where are the players on the server? :(

Post by anaconda244 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:37 pm

There would be more players if there were instructions on how to get access to the server. I want to play some Quake Wars, but my thread asking for how to get the password has had 0 replies for like a week now.