Eventual phase out of ET!!!

Name says it all.
Digger
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Digger » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:15 pm

IdieALOT wrote:ET OVER!??!?!?!!!!!
That does it... I have nothing left to live for. Well... except for my wife, kids, dog, brother, parents and grandma... ya.. nothing left to live for. All I have left is my scotch.
Thank god I have over 300 bottles of beer in the cellar to see me through this terrible time...

dax
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by dax » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:14 am

Digger wrote:
That does it... I have nothing left to live for. Well... except for my wife, kids, dog, brother, parents and grandma... ya.. nothing left to live for. All I have left is my scotch.
Thank god I have over 300 bottles of beer in the cellar to see me through this terrible time...
That should get you by for about 50 hours... then what will you do?

madmaz
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by madmaz » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:03 pm

dax wrote:
Digger wrote:
Help you look for your Monkey?!
Baseball is wrong: Man with four balls cannot walk.

Digger
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Digger » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:27 am

madmaz wrote:
dax wrote:
Digger wrote: Thank god I have over 300 bottles of beer in the cellar to see me through this terrible time...
Help you look for your Monkey?!
After he cleans his velcro gloves and sheep boots....

DrunkBender

Post by DrunkBender » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:05 pm

Sad news, but i would love to continue to play ET Wolfenstein with you for some time. i will try out new games if you like, been playing ETQW, but recently stepped to play the older ETW.

so happy to play on your servers

BAYMAN
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by BAYMAN » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:55 pm

Do you guys realize how old I will be in 2018 the shovel that buried me 6 feet under will be rusty so im going to hangon to BBA until then dont give up start promoting Wolf ET its a great game yet if we could get the big guys to change the old boring maps PLEASE!!!!
James P Richart

cmustard

Post by cmustard » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:49 pm

Forgive my bad, vodka addled self.......

Arkangel

Post by Arkangel » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:12 pm

This game still has a reasonable following and as far as I'm concerned is still a decent game, heck there are a lot of die hards still playing cs 1.5 and cs 1.6 so who's to say no one will be playing this in a few more years time.
Things are starting to happen in terms of modding since the source code was released, Jaybird is working on Jaymod again also, sometimes when a game is on its knees the true fans help it back up and keep it going, hopefully this can be said for the ET community and we will all enjoy a few more years of ET.

I haven't been around due to punkbuster and stupid widescreen issues that I have been too annoyed to fix... I'm getting older and more impatient with things now :D

Arkangel

Post by Arkangel » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:22 pm

Well I took some time to fix everything up joined server 1 and no one was on :(

There was a time when you could jump on at any time and there would people on.

On a side note is BBA going to update its version of Jaymod from 2.05 to 2.20 anytime soon?

dickcheneyhunting
BBA Wannabe
BBA Wannabe

Post by dickcheneyhunting » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:06 am

And here I just managed to be able to play the game on Linux without PB kicking me constantly. :cry: Guess, I will have to work on getting Quake War installation to work. Hope they don't decide to pull the plug again when I get working. :eew:

Swatt
Clan Member
Clan Member

Re: Eventual phase out of ET!!!

Post by Swatt » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:34 am

dirtyolman wrote:This is for discussion purposes only............

So, with this said, our ET players may want to consider to finding a new FREE game to play.

Just last week, Steam and Valve software made Team Fortress 2 FREE to the public, perhaps this is a move to replace ET. This is something everyone needs to consider, your time is limited on ET, it's not gonna be around forever, so make plans to move on in the future.

!DIRTY!
Just adding to this list is the upcoming release of Firefall...A massive online FPS and it is Free to play. Keep up withthe details on this thread: http://www.bbaservers.com/ftopicp-67474.html#67474