Topic Notification NOT broken

Name says it all.
KrispyKritter
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Topic Notification NOT broken

Post by KrispyKritter » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:07 pm

I had wondered why I was getting so few new mail & topic notification emails on my Yahoo account.

They had gone to the Yahoo SPAM folder!

Pizza Hut had a better success rate than did BBA! :wall:

I added "site@buffalobaddass.com" to contacts.
KrispyKritter aka Chatty (glitchy finger) Charlie
Image(pcB)

Geek_Geoff
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Geek_Geoff » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:07 pm

I had the same problem, and that is EXACTLY what I did to fix the problem!

:wtg:
Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction. - J.F.K.

madmaz
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by madmaz » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:00 pm

Boy you guys are sooooooo smart!!!!
Baseball is wrong: Man with four balls cannot walk.

ChairmanMao

Post by ChairmanMao » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:34 pm

I was wondering why I wasn't getting any email updates to BBA on my computer. It was then that I realised I had accidently confused my computer with a toaster. That explains why logging in was so painfull. Still, 5 1/4 discs make great toast.

KrispyKritter
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by KrispyKritter » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:43 pm

ChairmanMao wrote:I was wondering why I wasn't getting any email updates to BBA on my computer. It was then that I realised I had accidently confused my computer with a toaster. That explains why logging in was so painfull. Still, 5 1/4 discs make great toast.
Are you using those new-fangled 360kb floppies? I hear that they are the cat's meow!
Image(pcB)

madmaz
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by madmaz » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:06 pm

Is that with JAM Mao? I understand that is how the Brit's got such great smiles!
Baseball is wrong: Man with four balls cannot walk.

Digger
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Digger » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:40 pm

Glad you got it figured out. I still haven't figured out how to get my Tandy TRS-80 to update faster. Very slow loading...might have a virus I guess...

KrispyKritter
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by KrispyKritter » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:20 pm

Digger wrote:Glad you got it figured out. I still haven't figured out how to get my Tandy TRS-80 to update faster. Very slow loading...might have a virus I guess...
Didn't realize you had upgraded from a Color Computer!
Image(pcB)

ChairmanMao

Post by ChairmanMao » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:53 am

Digger wrote:Glad you got it figured out. I still haven't figured out how to get my Tandy TRS-80 to update faster. Very slow loading...might have a virus I guess...
Ahh, virus protection, the age old question. On my old Kenwood T-matic 2000 I used Symantec's Breadknife XP Premium, which I could get most of those pesky viruses out with, but I got one particularly bad virus, I think it was the xorl_largebrownmuffinwe234 and the Symantec just bent.

Now with my Pinifarini LG Browneriser, I use Norton's BigLongPoker, and I haven't looked back.

ChairmanMao

Post by ChairmanMao » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:55 am

I find if I unplug my kettle, I can get much faster updates. But then I can't watch the telly, so it is pain in the bee hind if Martha Stewart is on, don't wanna miss my Martha Stewart, she is like the internet geru.

ChairmanMao

Post by ChairmanMao » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:58 am

KrispyKritter wrote:
ChairmanMao wrote:I was wondering why I wasn't getting any email updates to BBA on my computer. It was then that I realised I had accidently confused my computer with a toaster. That explains why logging in was so painfull. Still, 5 1/4 discs make great toast.
Are you using those new-fangled 360kb floppies? I hear that they are the cat's meow!
360kb, man, we are soo far behind here in the UK, I can only get 10 byte disks, it makes writing my next opus rather challenging, in fact, I'll let you have a sneak preview.

Bang. Dead

What do you think?

ChairmanMao

Post by ChairmanMao » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:06 am

madmaz wrote:Is that with JAM Mao? I understand that is how the Brit's got such great smiles!
Jam, well, in my fridge, I have Strawberry Jam and Lemon Curd. YUMMY. Bat sadly, since my wedding is in less than two weeks, I is trying to be good and only eat cereal in the morning and for lunch.

But British teeth are great:

KrispyKritter
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by KrispyKritter » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:50 pm

ChairmanMao wrote:... here in the UK, I can only get 10 byte disks, it makes writing my next opus rather challenging, in fact, I'll let you have a sneak preview.

Bang. Dead

What do you think?
You can reclaim 10% of your storage if you remove the period or the space-byte between period and D. If you take them both out, you could use BangDead as your filename (and as ur opus).

If I were your editor, I think I would edit your opus to read "Bang!Dead!". That would make selling the movie rights much easier in Hollywood. On the other hand, I believe that British filmmakers would take offense as such liberties with the Mother Tongue.
Image(pcB)

ChairmanMao

Post by ChairmanMao » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:54 pm

Loving the abridged version. It is off to them thar printers.

Woo hoo, hollywood here i come.

SierraMist

Post by SierraMist » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:49 pm

total nerds here :wtf: lol