losing key packets 9014

Game Questions and Help / Errors and Game Issues
Caroline20
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Caroline20 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:09 pm

Simtech wrote:I just don't understand why some people have it bad and others (like me) don't have any issues at all. I haven't gotten a PB kick for at least a year or so.
I was on this same way as you and finally pb kicked me for 9014. Just restarted et and it is good now :wtg:
Repair the Septimer

Scortch

Post by Scortch » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:02 pm

This problem is almost a month old now. I opened a ticket at pb and beyond two qiuck responses of 'update pb', and 'send us a pb logfile', I have not had a response. It has been over three weeks since I had my last response from them.

Last night I opened another ticket explaining that I was not getting any help and that I would appreciate knowing wtf was going on. The same admin that responded to my first ticket responded to my second ticket this morning.

He said:

"Your issue is being worked out on your previous ticket. Please consult it for a resolution to your problem, as it will have the answer as soon as one becomes available. We thank you for your patience in this matter, as we are working as swiftly as possible."

That is the first acknowlegment I have seen from them that even hints at their taking responsibility for this.

Patience, they say, is a virture, but I'm really not feeling very virtuous.

Oh well...

Zeus
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by Zeus » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:19 pm

Try setting pb_sleep 250 instead of 500 and see if that does anything for any of you.

KrispyKritter
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by KrispyKritter » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:40 pm

Zeus wrote:Try setting pb_sleep 250 instead of 500 and see if that does anything for any of you.
I have seen this suggestion on other sites.

I am testing a change to my Free AVG anti-virus settings right now, so I will leave mine at 500 for now.

ADDED*** Setting PunkBusterB to ignore in the AVG PUP did not work.

Will try the sleep 250 now, down from 500.
KrispyKritter aka Chatty (glitchy finger) Charlie
Image(pcB)

ferapont
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by ferapont » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:03 pm

9014 on BBA2 as well

bibizz944x
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by bibizz944x » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:45 am

:chin: Just like , is L4D and quake got the same PB issue :duh:
If i got to switch to one of these games to play and to see y'all uglys mug faces to have fun :lol: ........I'll do what it must been done to keep up trying popping your heads up :lol:
give me back news asap on this plz , i didnt played since ....too long already and i miss y'all already .I miss the time when both servers were almost always full and i was raging cause it was taking me 15-20 min to logg myself in the first server that had a free slot :lol:
PLz help me ......I WANT TO BELIEVE......

See y'all on the field :toothless:

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

trukkerdongen
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by trukkerdongen » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:18 am

i know 1 thing for shure it's not you're own connection

my friend gekke gerrit also play's here and he gets kicked all the time and i don't get kicked at all.

dirtyolman
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by dirtyolman » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:06 pm

KrispyKritter wrote:Punkbuster's ET page, under News & Release notes, says:

=============
Saturday 09.04.2010 [5:00PM]

Version 1.774 of the PB Server for ET has been released to our PB Master Servers for auto-update and to our website download page. This is a maintenance release.

Friday 09.03.2010 [3:30PM]

Version 2.236 of the PB Client for ET has been released to our PB Master Servers for auto-update and to our website download page. This is a maintenance release.
==============

I suppose the date & time are Central Time, USA.

I got kicked once and have noticed many others kicked, sometimes repeatedly. Have seen group-kicks of up to three at a time.

I got this same update and I have no issues to report, but this doesn't mean there's a problem. I ve noticed this happen since the update.

I received the GUID Key error on the date stated above, and I did an update immediately.

For those having errors still........give this link a try, sounds like you may have an incomplete update or an update with a segment of a file missing or corrupt.

http://www.bbaservers.com/ftopict-6785.html
Last edited by dirtyolman on Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ferapont
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by ferapont » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:49 pm

link missing ?

Caroline20
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Caroline20 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:37 pm

Message from Evenbalance:
Please delete the PB folder from the game installation, then run PBSetup and let it check for updates. Make sure you don't run PBSetup from inside the PB folder.
Repair the Septimer

BAYMAN
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by BAYMAN » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:30 am

I reinstalled my wolf et 2 times finally got rid of the bug also havent had the 9014 problem any more so far been a week or so.

BAYMAN :shrug:

GunClap
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by GunClap » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:15 am

Caroline20 wrote:Message from Evenbalance:
Please delete the PB folder from the game installation, then run PBSetup and let it check for updates. Make sure you don't run PBSetup from inside the PB folder.
I followed this and went a bit further:

1: Used PBSVC.exe to remove and uninstall the services.
2: Deleted pb folder in game folder and in <user space>/local settings/application data
3: Rebooted.
4: Ran a registry cleaner and manually checked for any EvenBalance, PB and ET keys just to check there was no remenance of PB left.
5: Rebooted again.
6: Ran PBSETUP.exe and added the game. Updated. All went through perfectly. No half downloads or anything.
7: Ran ET and was on for about 10 - 15 mins before fera saw me get kicked for... "Losing Key Packets (9014)"

Yeah, this looks like the standard EvenBalance rhetoric of "If it doesn't work, uninstall and reinstall..." Well, whatever they've done, this didn't solve it. My fear is that the error is somehow linked to the ETKey, meaning I'd need a new key if I want to keep playing. I'll make a clean install of ET later today and find out.
Your mind is a weapon. Keep it clean, clear and loaded...

bibizz944x
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by bibizz944x » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:38 pm

Please delete the PB folder from the game installation, then run PBSetup and let it check for updates. Make sure you don't run PBSetup from inside the PB folder. and bla bla bla ...... :shit:

Plz Clap if you got news keep us informed :hail:

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

@ Zeus :
Zeus wrote:
Try setting pb_sleep 250 instead of 500 and see if that does anything for any of you.

Didnt worked at all and in other forums for other games they says the same thing...that dosent worked so if you got another idea, it would be appreciated :wtg:

Scortch

Post by Scortch » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:06 pm

Yup...

Nothing is working. It's been six weeks now. Hell, it has been over a month since the fine folks at PB have even bothered to reply to my original trouble ticket.

They have taken a good thing and they have broken it.

It seems there is nothing that can be done about it except maybe to play on servers that have disabled PB. There are more and more of those every day. Admins of ET servers are dropping PB all over the place.

BBA is my first choice for ET, but my frustration with this issue has led me to play elsewhere when I really feel like playing. When I play on a non-PB server I have no issues what-so-ever. No lag spikes, no freeze lag, no warping, and no stupid kicks for stupid reasons. This just proves to me that my settings are fine and the the problems I have are all a result of PB.

I understand that PB is the easiest way to police a server, but this latest issue has turned PB into more of a hinderence than an aid to a good time.

R00TX

Post by R00TX » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:20 pm

Scortch wrote:Yup...

Nothing is working. It's been six weeks now. Hell, it has been over a month since the fine folks at PB have even bothered to reply to my original trouble ticket.

They have taken a good thing and they have broken it.

It seems there is nothing that can be done about it except maybe to play on servers that have disabled PB. There are more and more of those every day. Admins of ET servers are dropping PB all over the place.

BBA is my first choice for ET, but my frustration with this issue has led me to play elsewhere when I really feel like playing. When I play on a non-PB server I have no issues what-so-ever. No lag spikes, no freeze lag, no warping, and no stupid kicks for stupid reasons. This just proves to me that my settings are fine and the the problems I have are all a result of PB.

I understand that PB is the easiest way to police a server, but this latest issue has turned PB into more of a hinderence than an aid to a good time.
Scortch, when I re-installed Win 7 a while back I had the same issue and more. PB was killing me all day long. I ended up fixing by doing the following -

1 - First I backed up my profiles (I didn't want to fudge with them)
2 - Uninstalled ET, removed the PNKBSTRA service and deleted the hidden folder for PB under USERS\NAME\APPDATA\LOCAL
3 - Reinstalled ET
4 - Run the PB Update
5 - Run the PBSVC.EXE (download from evenbalance) to re-install PB Service
6 - Change the setting under the PNKBSTRA (Log on tab) to allow service to interact with desktop.
7 - Copied my Profiles back

And all has been good ever since.

Hope this helps.

Root