Long term Specs

Game Questions and Help / Errors and Game Issues
Aces

Long term Specs

Post by Aces » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:17 pm

Hey guys! I'm just wondering how much of an effect people in spec have on the gameplay (lag-wise). I know some people hang out in spec and talk, but others just chill there and are apparently AFK. Whenever I look and see specs there, especially those that are high pingers (200+), I can't help but wonder if they contribute at all to the slowed down gameplay I often face. There's been other topics that have dealt with high pingers during gameplay, but I was wondering about those who spec for maps and campaigns at a time.

Rule 9 says:
(9) No long term spec'ing or AFK ( If you have to do something quick, fine, like a 10 min max and letting an admin know is in your best interest ) If you are not playing , leave so someone can come in. The servers are for players not spectators.
I know it's tough to regulate when you're concentrating on playing, but I was wondering if these players would ever get kicked. I'm sure you don't want to kick anyone unnecessarily, but I think most people would understand.

Anyway, this was just a thought. If it really doesn't have an effect I'll refocus my efforts on whining about high pingers who play ;) jk.

NoucFeanor
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by NoucFeanor » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:40 am

Specs do not effect the latency for others as no models are drawn from specs.

We only really kick specs when the servers player limit is reaching max.