Game flaw or hack?

Game Questions and Help / Errors and Game Issues
Scortch

Game flaw or hack?

Post by Scortch » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:54 pm

I'm wondering just what a wall hack is, and the reason I ask is because a few times as I've waited to respawn after being killed I've speced other players shooting through corners or crates or whatever. I know that a players hitbox is larger than the player and I know that's the reason I sometimes get killed even though I thought I was behind cover. My character might be hiding, but my hitbox wasn't. What I am talking about is a player with a mobile mg laying prone behind an obstacle and firing through it and getting kills. At first I thought that it was the same sort of situation as with the players hitboxes, that the edges of the obstacles were not where they appeared to be. But, the more I thought about it the more I thought that there was more to it than that, because I know that when I shoot too close to a corner, my shots hit the corner and not the player on the other side. I wish I had had the foresight to to take a screen shot or two so that this question would be clearer.

Basically I'm asking if it is at all possible in some situations to shoot through walls and other obstacles or am I witnessing a hack when I see stuff like this?

Simtech
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Simtech » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:09 pm

It's actually a glitch in ET while specing someone. You are not seeing what the player actually sees. The term "wallhack" means that they are running a hack that allows them to see other players through the walls. Therefore giving him and advantage of knowing when an enemy is coming around a corner or hiding. It doesn't mean that they can shoot through walls or objects.
ImageImage

Scortch

Post by Scortch » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:16 pm

:wtg: Thanks for clearing that up. I figured it was glitch of some sort. I just wanted to make sure.

KrispyKritter
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by KrispyKritter » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:36 pm

Scortch wrote::wtg: Thanks for clearing that up. I figured it was glitch of some sort. I just wanted to make sure.
I once spent a lot of time on Oasis, looking for a wall-rug that mortars were hiding behind. When I specced the axis mortars, some seemed to be in doorways behind the wall-rugs, since the rug is all I could see. It took me a LONG time to realize it was that little glitch.

It might also be a 'feature', so that you don't get confused and try to fire. I don't know how many times I've thanked medics for reviving me before realizing that I was fully dead and was speccing a wounded teammate being revived.
KrispyKritter aka Chatty (glitchy finger) Charlie
Image(pcB)

Sissyboy
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Sissyboy » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:43 pm

KrispyKritter wrote:
Scortch wrote:: I don't know how many times I've thanked medics for reviving me before realizing that I was fully dead and was speccing a wounded teammate being revived.

I do that all the time while playing ETQW.

:lmao: :lmao:
Will Ban for Stroyent.