Smoke mines and Throwing knives.

Game Questions and Help / Errors and Game Issues
Scortch

Smoke mines and Throwing knives.

Post by Scortch » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:22 am

So, rather than scratching my head until I wear a hole in my skull, I though I would ask a couple of questions here. Any help would be appreciated.

I've noticed that some players are able to throw knives. I can't.

I've noticed that some players can plant Smoke mines. I can't.

Are these things based on experience? If so, what level needs to be achieved to gain these abilities?

Also, The Panzer...

When I fire a Panzer, it fires. I cannot stop it from firing once I've hit the fire button, yet I hear other people hit the fire button on their panzers and then abort the shot before it fires. That's a neat trick. What am I doing wrong? Why can't I abort a Panzer shot?

Cheers.

GunClap
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Re: Smoke mines and Throwing knives.

Post by GunClap » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:45 am

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Ok, let me help here. Take one thing at a time.
Scortch wrote:I've noticed that some players are able to throw knives. I can't.
This is because a "new" second attack had to be scripted in jaymod to allow it to happen.
To throw knives, Press "Esc >> Jaymod >> Controls" and bind "Throwing knives" to your right mouse. Don't worry, all other types of alternate fire like granade loading and scoping continue to work as normal.
Scortch wrote:I've noticed that some players can plant Smoke mines. I can't.
S-Mines and Poison mines are an experience given thing. You need Engineer LvL 5 to able to plant, S-Mines and Poison mines.
Scortch wrote:When I fire a Panzer, it fires. I cannot stop it from firing once I've hit the fire button, yet I hear other people hit the fire button on their panzers and then abort the shot before it fires. That's a neat trick. What am I doing wrong? Why can't I abort a Panzer shot?
This could be considered an exploit technically as it wasn't intended for gameplay, but it is an invaluable trick. You use a selection of keys at the same time. If I remember correctly, during the launch, press 'D' (walk right) and 'Q' (lean left) together without any other button. I hear some people have even scripted this together to make a 'cancel key'.

If you need more detail, let me know.
Your mind is a weapon. Keep it clean, clear and loaded...

KrispyKritter
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Re: Smoke mines and Throwing knives.

Post by KrispyKritter » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:22 pm

GunClap wrote:...
Scortch wrote:... Why can't I abort a Panzer shot?
This could be considered an exploit technically as it wasn't intended for gameplay, but it is an invaluable trick. You use a selection of keys at the same time. If I remember correctly, during the launch, press 'D' (walk right) and 'Q' (lean left) together without any other button. I hear some people have even scripted this together to make a 'cancel key'....
Thanks for the info. I don't see how this is invaluable. I always thought of it as an after-a-while-irritating habit, like popping your knuckles.
KrispyKritter aka Chatty (glitchy finger) Charlie
Image(pcB)

Eviscerator
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by Eviscerator » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:09 pm

Lean right or left to disarm a panzer shot.

SirPing

Post by SirPing » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:24 pm

for panzer Q or E button but don't press forward button (W )
revenge achievement..