New ET install Procedure

Game Questions and Help / Errors and Game Issues
dirtyolman
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

New ET install Procedure

Post by dirtyolman » Tue May 04, 2010 8:44 pm

Anyone who is experiencing problems with ET that are having constant problems and have to reinstall......Read this first before installing!

The usual way of installing ET has changed, I discovered this 2 years ago when punkbuster changed the way PB updates. PB now updates automatically, and using the PB folder to update does not work anymore with fresh installs. You must download a setup file from Evenbalance provided below, when installed, it will update PB automaticly and you should be able to play.

I have seen many players come upon this issue (including me), I found out that updating PB using the PB folder method doesn't work like it used to.

Follow the instructions below and don't deviate from them or you may experience more errors. You may or may not see a list of servers when you start ET, enter an IP address and start your game, maps will need to be downloaded so be patient.

Do not start ET at anytime until installs, updates, and a reboot, starting ET before the list below is complete will cause errors.

Uninstall ET

Delete ET folder

Reinstall ET

Install 2.60 update

Copy & paste executable files in 2.60b folder into Et folder and overwrite

DO NOT START ET, instead........

click on this link:

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=dl-et.php

download the file with the arrow poined to it called PBSetup

Run PB setup, and install, will ask you for game to be used and select ET.

Do an update before you close the punkbuster program, click on update button on PB program.

After updating YOU MUST RESTART YOUR PC, punkbuster does not ask for a restart, but in order for Punkbster A & B services to run, you have to restart and ET should work fine.

Done :wtg:

Digger
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Digger » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:07 am

Just finished building my new system last night...installed ET tonight and had nothing but problems...locking up, punkbuster kicks, unable to connect...the whole gauntlet.
Finally un-installed and followed this advice to the letter and everything worked perfectly. Excellent information here! :wtg: