freeze lag help?

Game Questions and Help / Errors and Game Issues
LaLaBear

freeze lag help?

Post by LaLaBear » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:41 pm

I have since gotted a freeze lag on et, server 1 also 2. After a lot pb kick 'guide auth. unknown'
Not always, it happens . I think it from september 2009.

The game play 2 second good, on 3st it freeze and putted 1 small line, green, on lagometer. On a freeze, the man he continue running. But that I can't see it and 'appear ahead' orso. It don't accept new command on the freeze. Many time I fall to dead or shooted the panzer on a wall on accident. It didnt allowed me to stop/jump.
On sometime, freezes = very long, 1 second. 2 second play, 1 second freeze. Sometime it short only 0.5 second freeze. But always on a same time on 2 second.
Sometime it go away for 5 minute or one day.

I heared it was from pb, also other player have but idk.

I try to fix it:
I use pc on windows xp, laptop 7
I try internet on cable and wireless
I try to pb update = et broken
I do the reinstall et = still freezed

For months this problem not to fun for me. Any help? :huh: :help:
Thanks, lalabear
(Hard to say it, the problem, but Starbear maybe can say better)

KrispyKritter
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by KrispyKritter » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:38 am

This sounds like the PB spike problem many of us have suffered in recent months. It can be very bad sometimes. It can be a little spike or a large one. I can feel the freezes when I am in the Limbo menu, too. Players say they get the same problem in other games.

Gunclap says it has to do with PB's use of HTTP. That sounds like PB is sometimes waiting for a reply from their server, and stopping UDP or freezing ET until it gets a reply. Actually, cutting off UDP would not have this effect. That would show up as yellow or red on the upper or lower lagometer lines...hmmm. /pb_sleep 500 does not help.

I sometimes wonder if this is a new 'feature' designed to disrupt cheats. Perhaps PB sometimes enters a defective sub-module.

Players report no responses to complaint tickets to EvenBalance.
===============
I just noticed pnkBstrA.exe is not on my WinXP firewall exclude list. I am adding it and will see what that does. I see I have punkB in the sys32 folder and the ET\pb folder, and the firewall is set to allow the one in ET\pb access....hmmm.

I do not get the PG GUID problem.
KrispyKritter aka Chatty (glitchy finger) Charlie
Image(pcB)

GunClap
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by GunClap » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:54 am

It's a very unusual thing that I can't fully explain.

It's what I like to call "stutter lag" or "heartbeat lag" because the lag-o-meter looks like a heart beat. Level, then drop, then spike, then level again...

I can't say what actually causes it, whether it's TCP connections for authentication or what not. All I know and have observed is that it strikes whenever the client tries to authenticate the player's GUID with the evenbalance servers, and in a really strange twist of fate, it happens in groups. By this, I mean a group of players will start authenticating all at once giving some players in that group stutter lag.

For some people, this communication fails and they get kicked for AUTH: GUID UNKN meaning the GUID didn't reach the authentication server. If you ain't authenticated, PB doesn't trust you and kicks you for it. This is most predominant when a new map loads and everyone authenticates.

I have also tried this on Ubuntu (linux) and to my great surprise, the stutter lag was not there at all! However, I was kicked for AUTH: GUID UNKN at the beginning of EVERY map.

It's really concerning that EvenBalance seem to be deliberately ignoring this problem being that it is becoming more and more common among players. I hope with enough pressure, the entire ET community will force EvenBalance to fix it.
Your mind is a weapon. Keep it clean, clear and loaded...

catnip
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by catnip » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:26 pm

Hi all

There is lot of way to check what is true problem

at firs i think u should check connection
u can make like on picture

http://picasaweb.google.pl/lh/photo/117 ... directlink

1-use function run(in Polish it means Uruchom-don't look on that suppose it any other lang its the same place )
2-start console
3-type command to check ping to bba server (better with option -n 100 then we can check packet by longer time )
4-we looking for time how long packets go to bba server
5-draw conclusion

sometimes packets lost on the way and we know that There are some problems with connection and we need found some solution on that
if all is ok we know that is not connection problems

to fix problems with PB
I use always the same PBsetup program and it will work great on my PC

I add link:
http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

Lala if u can take print screen that black console i can check are There is some connection problem if not we will search another way how to fix that freeze lag

Fightstar

Post by Fightstar » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:01 pm

iv had this problem for about a year now lol think im used to it now

Mutt
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Mutt » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:36 pm

I've pretty well chased my version of this problem down to something in servercache.dat. Whack that file, then use /connect to directly connect to the server, and PB has been giving me a lot less grief in the past couple weeks.

KrispyKritter
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by KrispyKritter » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:31 am

Mutt wrote:I've pretty well chased my version of this problem down to something in servercache.dat. Whack that file, then use /connect to directly connect to the server, and PB has been giving me a lot less grief in the past couple weeks.
The one in Jaymod\Profiles ?
Image(pcB)

Mutt
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Mutt » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:17 am

KrispyKritter wrote:
Mutt wrote:I've pretty well chased my version of this problem down to something in servercache.dat. Whack that file, then use /connect to directly connect to the server, and PB has been giving me a lot less grief in the past couple weeks.
The one in Jaymod\Profiles ?
Yep. To hell with using the game browser -- I'm with Digger, BBA is the only server I play anyways. I set up local host entries for the servers on my gamer too. That way /connect bba1 gets me right where I want to go. Sure, theoretically the server IP could change, but that's easily spotted and fixed :wtg:

KrispyKritter
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by KrispyKritter » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:07 am

I tried deleting Jaymod\profiles\name\servercache.dat and /connect bba1.badassservers.net (via shortcut calling ET) and the spikes appeared after a little bit.

Servercache.dat was back in jaymod\profiles and had some readable text content.

I modified my batchfile to delete both etmain and jaymod servercache.dats and /connected. PB spikes returned.

On recheck, the ETmain servercache was still gone, but Jaymod had one, albeit a blank one, with no text content, only binary. Probably a template file of blanks.

There does not appear to be one fix for all the people all the time.
Image(pcB)

LaLaBear

Post by LaLaBear » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:32 pm

catnip, I gotted sick for some days, but finally I try it to /ping bba.
I think it look good. ping is low 45-46
packages(?) 4/4 = 0% losed

When next I play, I try delete servercache to and see it can help.

*I deleted servercache, and it gotted worse :wall: I putted it back, now is 'normal' freezes.

SirPing

Post by SirPing » Tue May 18, 2010 5:30 am

i have that problem in games with PB enable.. and sorry i no found solution :cry:
revenge achievement..

Fightstar

pb

Post by Fightstar » Tue May 18, 2010 7:33 am

its pb autoupdate thats the problem, i was looking around the site and its a problem alot of people have, but im getting it less now :)

Boom58823

Post by Boom58823 » Sun May 23, 2010 1:06 am

Do you mean this? If yes then I have the same problem. (shown below)

Don't worry about the what's causing this thing,

GunClap
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by GunClap » Sun May 23, 2010 10:23 am

This is very common at the moment and there's more discussion about it here:
http://www.bbaservers.com/ftopic-7480-d ... asc-0.html
Your mind is a weapon. Keep it clean, clear and loaded...