Pure server Error

Game Questions and Help / Errors and Game Issues
TheDecipher
BBA ShouldBe
BBA ShouldBe

Pure server Error

Post by TheDecipher » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:33 pm

Sorrydie pm'ed me with this and I can't figure out what the solution is.....

You there? I have this PunkBuster Problem and I dont remember how to make a Forum, I tried to connect to another server, and I got kicked for Pure Server Check, so I tried too go on BBA again but I keep getting kicked for UWKN or UNKW or something please help. I'm going too get the exact word. Plz answer, Thanks.

Decipher :)

dickcheneyhunting
BBA Wannabe
BBA Wannabe

Post by dickcheneyhunting » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:51 am

uh update punkbuster manually :shrug: All I can understand is that it is pb related.

Jiperly

Post by Jiperly » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:00 am

And how would one go about doing this?

Geek_Geoff
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Geek_Geoff » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:10 am

Download pbsetup from either www.evenbalance.com or use the download link on the left. Open the file, select your game, then do the manual update. It should fix your problem.
Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction. - J.F.K.

KrispyKritter
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by KrispyKritter » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:07 am

UWKN or UNKW sounds something like PB GUID: UNK.....

http://www.bbaservers.com/ftopict-6758.html

I've gotten one topic respondent that says this fixed it for her, so that's two positive votes on this method, including the originator: beerocratic.

TheDecipher wrote:Sorrydie pm'ed me with this and I can't figure out what the solution is.....

You there? I have this PunkBuster Problem and I dont remember how to make a Forum, I tried to connect to another server, and I got kicked for Pure Server Check, so I tried too go on BBA again but I keep getting kicked for UWKN or UNKW or something please help. I'm going too get the exact word. Plz answer, Thanks.

Decipher :)
KrispyKritter aka Chatty (glitchy finger) Charlie
Image(pcB)

Mutt
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Mutt » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:50 pm

Add one to the negative category on it Krispy. I tried deleting every servercache.dat out of my .etwolf directory last night, and PB still kicked me out at the start of every map. OS: Fedora 11 x64.

Jiperly

Post by Jiperly » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:45 am

Seconded- I actually found that file about an hour after I posted that. Got me my update. And yet, I'm still impure. I feel so....unclean....

Come on! I just got me a new PC, and I loved this game! Could 64bit be the thing that's killin' me?

TheDecipher
BBA ShouldBe
BBA ShouldBe

Post by TheDecipher » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:13 am

Any Ideas on how to solve this? Haven't been able to get on ET for 2 weeks now. I'm using Windows vista business 64 bit. I tried reinstalling et, updating punkbuster then restarting but still same, pure server check!

!D

!die all

Mutt
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Mutt » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:15 am

What I've started doing and had reasonably good success with is the following magick formula.

1. (optional, but i like it) Add a local hosts entry for 'bba1' to the IP of the server
2. Log out and back into my machine, so there's nothing extra resident in memory
3. Delete every instance of servercache.dat in both etmain and the jaymod profile directories
4. Launch et
5. During the opening video (do not let it finish, be quick about it), hit ~ and then /connect bba1

That seems to do a pretty good job getting me in before whatever background things load up the server browser cache, which is what PB seems to be complaining about.

Your mileage may vary :wtg:

KrispyKritter
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by KrispyKritter » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:19 am

TheDecipher wrote:... I'm using Windows vista business 64 bit. I tried reinstalling et, updating punkbuster then restarting but still same, pure server check!
!D
Did you disable the UAC?

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows- ... ows-vista/
KrispyKritter aka Chatty (glitchy finger) Charlie
Image(pcB)

FinnishSaint

Post by FinnishSaint » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:18 am

I hope you start ET right-clicking and selecting "Run as Administrator..."