FarCry 3

Any other games, PC, Xbox, PS2, Whatever.
Swatt
Clan Member
Clan Member

FarCry 3

Post by Swatt » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:22 am

This was a free game d/l with my new vid card so I wasn't expecting much, hell I typically don't even bother installing them. After reading some reviews I decided to give it a try and was really surprised at how good it is...nice combination of objective and adventure play. I've only played the co-op mode in MP, but it was a lot of fun where 4 friends work together to fight the cartel mafia, complete objectives and keep each other alive. Since it doesn't look like we will have any snow this holiday season, I should be able to get into the other MP modes and report back.

Swatt
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Swatt » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:46 am

So played one of the more popular MP modes last night, team domination. Much the same as the old UT2003/4 domination game that each team must capture and hold control points on a map. What I didn't like about the game was much the same as I don't like about the COD series...causal players are at a huge disadvantage and will be seriously out classed not because of skill, but because the kids will have the time to play for days and unlock and mod their equipment gaining a clear and huge advantage. Also, unless your looking for straight up DM, there are no other classes that allow you to provide strictly support roles.

Total game review: excellent for free, especially the SP game. In MP, the co-op mode is limited to like 4 maps and the MP modes are variations of DM with advantage to committed players.

dax
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by dax » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:36 pm

Yea I got the game and love the single player and co-op modes... hoping for maybe more co-op maps from the community at some point. Online, I agree... class building and skill building should only be limited to something like what ET did so that it doesn't overpower new players.

Swatt
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Swatt » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:21 pm

I think the co-op is like 8 maps (the sniper and quad races don't count), still a blast to play but wish the lobby system was better...next to impossible to play in a pub with your buddy :(